Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion

Go down 
+3
yack
ZER0
Wraithborne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:12 pm

This thread is for Discussion, Reviews and other what-not concerning the Novels of the Forgotten Realms Setting. It seems to be something lacking in most other places. They ban these sorts of posts on WotC forums and many others because they often get inflammatory as people can get attached to favorite characters that others may find annoying, etc. I think we as a whole are better than that and can discuss the merits (or inherent lack thereof) of a novel without resorting to a game of Trolls and Flames. Please don't prove me wrong.

EDIT by Kilsek: Made a sticky, remember flame wars may get you banned!
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm

All right, my first post here will be intended to save some folks a few hours of there lives. I just finished Master of Chains by Jess LeBow. While remaining a fast paced read, it was just too predictable. I was able to see nearly all of the plot twists coming a mile away and accurately predict the end after about 60 pages. The only things that kept me reading it was the fast pace of the book itself and my sincere hope that there would be something in it that was out of left field and just totally threw me. Didn't happen. I'd like my 4 hours back please.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:52 pm

I'll start it with some of my favorite (and most obvious).

Dark Elf Series. What really needs to be said? It's reached iconic level and at this point, you probably know it, whether negatively or positively.

Liriel Baenre Series, Starlight and Shadows. These books are absolutely amazing. Elaine Cunningham remains amazing. Follows the adoptive daughter of Gromph Baenre, about a trilogy strong. I don't want to get too into these books, as I don't know what the spoiler policies are in this thread, and I don't want to wreck it for anyone. However, I may edit with a lengthier opinion later.

Depths of Madness, Eric De ?- a *great* read. All the way up until the end. Which, IMO, ended weakly. I hate books like this. It started so strong and stayed so interesting for so long. All of a sudden it was like a drop off a cliff, with the ending being a painful splat at the bottom. Follows twilight, of the Shadowdancer PrC. Horribly interesting to read about non-ranger/fighter classes in a book that was horribly interesting. I use the word horribly because it's very appropriate....

Elfshadow series, Songs and Swords series. Elaine Cunningham. I fell in love with this series a few chapters in, and wasn't let down for anything. Her writing style is so flowing, it's almost like reading poetry. Like bardic music, maybe Very Happy I couldn't put this book down. Her character was a strong female lead, which is terribly interesting someone could do that in and of itself. I read all the way up to the 4th book, and then lost it halfway through. It was horribly hard, but I moved on, and I'd really like to pick the series up again. Mixing in comedy right where it's needed, the swordplay was brilliantly described and equal parts cinematic and accurate (as far as my limited knowlege goes). Pick this up if you haven't yet.

Unclean- Somebody review this. I'm so tempted to pick it up, it looks like the cover of a Palahniuk book, rather than a FR book Very Happy

Elminster series- haven't read much, didn't really like it. I don't like the first parts, so I could never get into this series... I may pick it back up, as I tried reading it when I was younger and my attention span worse.

Summoning, Return of the Archwizards book 1- Great book. Ended as strong as it started. I haven't picked up book 2 yet, because I was working my way through the thousand orcs series, which I recently finished, so I'm about to dive into it. But it deals with the phaerimm, features cameos by some HUGE FR icons, that were really well written. Also, I believe the main character is an Elven Tombseeker? I'm not sure the PrC right now, but I'll look it up, very cool class. Equal parts rogue/caster, IIRC. Maybe rogue/fighter. Aaaaanyways, I read this one very far, and really dug the fact that it wasn't as defined as the salvatore series or the cunningham books. It was horribly chaotic, and it felt like there were never any down time. Run here, run there, run back, etc. I loved it.

ADDITION: Swords of the Eveningstar? I believe that was the title. Ed Greenwood, IIRC. Great book, got a bit long in a couple places, but it picked right back up. Very interesting, and when the 2nd book hits paperback, I'll expect to pick that up so I can properly review the series Very Happy

That's what I can remember for now. I'll expand, change, etc. daily, so don't start quoting me 'till I'm done Very Happy Just wanted to get a bit started on what I could remember.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 5:48 am

Very cool this rocks!

The Pool Trilogy - what got me into D&D the second time. Pool Radiance just rocks as a book and as a game\adventure.

The Dark Elf Series - as stated by Zero is a must, very great reading and when Drizzt wasn't so over whelming not bashing Drizzt as I have read almost all the books.

The Finder Stone Trilogy - the stories of the dead god Moander and the poor swordwoman Alias of Westgate. Great read!!! Plus it also expalins how Finder Wyvernspur becomes a god.

Return of the Archwizards - another great read, this explains more on the return of the mages from Netheril and the coming of the Shades and the City of Shade. The phaerimm just rule (we need them as a mini). It can be a confussing read but very important read for the Realms. Also one word for you... Sharn!

Elfshadow series, Songs and Swords series - this series is awesome and I love the 2 characters a bard and a half moon elf with a moonblade what more do you need. Oh ya mostly based in Waterdeep if I recall.

Return of the Spider Queen - this is a amazing series. I highly recommend this set of 6 books. It explains a lot more on the drow society in the realms and the Houses. Great trips into the Abyss and battles with of the drow gods. I highly recommend theses books. I couldn't put them down and read them like in 3 months.

The Elminister Series - once again I have to agree with Zero they can be very dry and boring. They are ok reads but not high on excitement. The books become more of a name dropper type thing. Oh look there is so and so... Elminister in Hell was one of the better ones.

The Last Mythal Series - just finished this not long ago. Not a bad series as it explains the return of the elves from Evermeet to the Realms. Also it explains the rise of the fey'ri daemonfey from the Nameless dungeon back to the Realms. I like the series alot. There are alot of demons and devils in te series.

The Avatar Series - this is the ultimate must read for Realms Fans. This 3 book set is amazing and it explains the Times of Trouble and the rise and fall of many gods. Must read this!!! I miss Bhaal.... Sad

The Rogue Dragons - this series was ok, it started off great but then kind of felt rushed. This is about the return of the Rage which orginally is what caused the fall of power of the dragons in the beginning of time. This explains abit about how the dragons lost their power to the elves and also it gets exciting when good dragons can not control themselves which in the Rage!

The Wizard Series - Blackstaff was just a terrible book it was boring and a name dropper. The only cool thing about the book was the lich Frostburn and the use of high magic and all the rituals to it can be very dry.
Second book Bloodwalk is a great book that looks into the ways of the oracles that worship Savras and the evil of the ex arch devil now demigod Gargauth. The main villian Morghan has some cool powers like traveling through one person to another through the blood stream. Great stuff.
Third book Darkvision is a novel about a mage from the Deep Imaskar. Looking for secrets of the past using a keystone and the Mucklestones. Where they uncover the legend of darker past of the Imaskari. Great book.

This is also just a start for me also as my books are packed as I'm moving and I need to see the cover to remember if they were great. Also didn't want to ruin the books but give you an idea of the books are important to realmlore. I'm not a perfect realmlore addict like some on WOTC but it's just to give u a idea on it.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 7:21 am

I have been lucky with the novels I have read.

The Pool Trilogy: Awesome as!
Return of the Archwizards: Great reading from beginning to end
Return of the Spider Queen: Simply the best if not number 2
The Dark Elf Series: The shitzot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 9:11 am

You guys may like to know that Return of the Spider Queen continues. I just finished The Lady Penitent by Lisa Smedman. It introduces some new folks into the mix ans continues with the happenings of Hallistra Melarn and her wizard brother Qarland. A very good book that I just couldn't put down. Qarland reminded me a little of Phauraun who was one of my favorite characters in the Spider Queen series, so I liked him from the get go. Zipped through it in 3-4 hours tops. Highly recommended!!
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks Wraithborne I own that book but haven't had time to dive into it. I always have 15 books in waiting to be read and source books out the ying yang that i haven't read. I'm reading the old Harpers Shadowmage books right now.
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 12:11 pm

I just finished The Year of Rogue Dragons Trilogy (nice to have a job where I can read at work :) )and I really enjoyed the series. Richard Lee Byers set a fast pace from the get go and never relentes. Anyone that can make a Faerie Dragon seem like a formidable opponent gets an automatic thumbs up. A nice insight into Sammaster's mind and the Cult of the Dragon, as well as some interesting (pre?) history of the Realms.
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:06 am

Another week of work another book down. Next up on the block is Road of the Patriarch, the latest from Salvatore. A pretty decent read, that kept my attention throughout, but there were some annoying parts....C'mon dude, I know Drizzt is your bread and butter, but in a book that isn't about him and doesn't concern him in the least, I could've done without his Holier-Than-Thou random babblings interjected several times through the book.

Also wish the revelations into Artemis' past were a little less stereotypical, but I don't wanna ruin anything for those who haven't read it. I love the way he otherwise writes Artemis though, especially in his interactions with the Hoi Palloi of Damara.

In digging through my closet, I found the Finders Stone trilogy, which sadly I've never read. I figured I'd remedy that and took the first book to work and found a receipt in it from 1990!!!
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Just finished the Veiled Dragon and have to say over all didn't really care for the novel. It has a nice little insight to the Shou in East but over all thought the book was just too dry just not enough of a s storyline to keep me in it. Also the black dracolich Cypress seemed very weak for what he was suppose to be. The could of did so much more with the Cult of the Dragon in the novel. Next book... not sure yet have to see my bookshelf.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 4:20 pm

By far, my favourite Realms novels have to be Spellfire, Crown of Fire and Hand of Fire. The first of the 3 especially grabs people new to gaming (or the Realms) and draws them in. Mr Greenwood wrote his butt off on these. In particular, I enjoyed the parts he refers to in his explanation of the novel. (Don't want to spoil it for anyone).
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 3:11 pm

Interesting as they are my least favorite (or close) reading Blackstaff right now and it's very boring. I hate novels that name drop just for the sake of name dropping. Sad
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 6:58 pm

Agreed on the point about Blackstaff, that was hardly about him. It focused more on the villains getting their own chapters, and the apprentice got probably 2:1 ratio if not more with chapters about her than him. It was interesting reading how he became chosen, but that was over in the prelude... Very dull book overall, and Khelben was an unecessary inclusion with how little he's seen. Might as well have called it Girl living in Blackstaff Tower with a weird, dumb familiar.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 1:54 pm

I agree that was a terrible book and sad on the conclusion.
I'm reading book 2 now called Bloodwalk , it seem's way better so far. Learning a bit more about the demi god Gargauth.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 pm

See above as I have been updating my long post.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Very cool this rocks!

The Pool Trilogy - what got me into D&D the second time. Pool Radiance just rocks as a book and as a game\adventure.

The Dark Elf Series - as stated by Zero is a must, very great reading and when Drizzt wasn't so over whelming not bashing Drizzt as I have read almost all the books.

The Finder Stone Trilogy - the stories of the dead god Moander and the poor swordwoman Alias of Westgate. Great read!!! Plus it also expalins how Finder Wyvernspur becomes a god.

Return of the Archwizards - another great read, this explains more on the return of the mages from Netheril and the coming of the Shades and the City of Shade. The phaerimm just rule (we need them as a mini). It can be a confussing read but very important read for the Realms. Also one word for you... Sharn!

Elfshadow series, Songs and Swords series - this series is awesome and I love the 2 characters a bard and a half moon elf with a moonblade what more do you need. Oh ya mostly based in Waterdeep if I recall.

Return of the Spider Queen - this is a amazing series. I highly recommend this set of 6 books. It explains a lot more on the drow society in the realms and the Houses. Great trips into the Abyss and battles with of the drow gods. I highly recommend theses books. I couldn't put them down and read them like in 3 months.

The Elminister Series - once again I have to agree with Zero they can be very dry and boring. They are ok reads but not high on excitement. The books become more of a name dropper type thing. Oh look there is so and so... Elminister in Hell was one of the better ones.

The Last Mythal Series - just finished this not long ago. Not a bad series as it explains the return of the elves from Evermeet to the Realms. Also it explains the rise of the fey'ri daemonfey from the Nameless dungeon back to the Realms. I like the series alot. There are alot of demons and devils in te series.

The Avatar Series - this is the ultimate must read for Realms Fans. This 3 book set is amazing and it explains the Times of Trouble and the rise and fall of many gods. Must read this!!! I miss Bhaal.... Sad

The Rogue Dragons - this series was ok, it started off great but then kind of felt rushed. This is about the return of the Rage which orginally is what caused the fall of power of the dragons in the beginning of time. This explains abit about how the dragons lost their power to the elves and also it gets exciting when good dragons can not control themselves which in the Rage!

The Wizard Series - Blackstaff was just a terrible book it was boring and a name dropper. The only cool thing about the book was the lich Frostburn and the use of high magic and all the rituals to it can be very dry.
Second book Bloodwalk is a great book that looks into the ways of the oracles that worship Savras and the evil of the ex arch devil now demigod Gargauth. The main villian Morghan has some cool powers like traveling through one person to another through the blood stream. Great stuff.
Third book Darkvision is a novel about a mage from the Deep Imaskar. Looking for secrets of the past using a keystone and the Mucklestones. Where they uncover the legend of darker past of the Imaskari. Great book.
Forth Book forgot the name but it was about the frost folk, star elves and the elves that can change the silver furred wolves. Great book!!! Loved it this book it gave a great background for the north east of the realms. this is based around the ruins of Winterkeep.

Next book is Promise of the Witch King.

This is also just a start for me also as my books are packed as I'm moving and I need to see the cover to remember if they were great. Also didn't want to ruin the books but give you an idea of the books are important to realmlore. I'm not a perfect realmlore addict like some on WOTC but it's just to give u a idea on it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:16 pm

A recommendation - unless you are a die-hard Salvatore fan, skip the Promise of the Witch King and The Road of the Patriarch...they are his (IMHO) worst works to date...
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 8:08 am

Really???? I'm reading the Promise of the Witch King and so far enjoy it. Almost done it. Worse book by far is Blackstaff. (not RA but another guy)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 am

Maybe it's just my tastes Yack, but I am so very, very tired of Salvatore making drow the be-all-end-all of uber sneaky can't-win-against-them-don't-try races...
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Hey guys...the other day i picked up a few FR books...i am guessing that you guys have them already, but i got Year of the dragon book 1,2,3 (4 books) and elfshadow. If your interested lmk :)
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Fan I have read most of the Drizzt books and they do get dull thats why I like the change to Jaraxle. (sp?) That Rage dragon series rocked.... good buy. Hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 am

Hmm...I haven't gotten to read all of the books yet,but one day I will.I just haven't had enough time to go find all of the books.

Yet,I do have a good number of them that I've read (and re-read) over the years.Here's my take on some of them:

The Avatar series: Quite dry and slow moving in many sections.They were good...but not as good as some of the other books.

The Cleric's Quintet: Each one I went to read,I could not put down until I was done.Great series.

The Icewind Dale Trilogy:Fantastic.This was my introduction to Drizzt,and I loved the whole tale of Bruenor & Drizzt becoming friends.

The Dark Elf Trilogy: Fantastic.I still enjoy reading them once in a while (usually about once every year & 1/2).

Legacy of the Drow: Not bad...some good books,some slightly slow-moving.All in all though,not too bad at all.

Paths of Darkness: Eh...decent,but definitely not some of Salvatore's better works.

Hunter's Blades Trilogy: I love it.These were the most recent books I've read,and I couldn't put them down.

The Moonshae Trilogy: I liked them,although they moved a bit slow at times.I don't remember much of them now since it's been years since I last read them,and I don't have copies of them anymore.

The Druidhome Trilogy: Not bad.They kept my attention span at a good level.

The Cormyr Saga: I loved the very first book,but the next two weren't as good.I liked them,but I didn't really like the ending...although I can understand why they did it.

The Elminster Series: Loved them.Elminster in Hell dragged a bit,but it was still a good read.I love reading about the background of the more famous Realms notables.

The Empires Trilogy: Although quite slow moving,I enjoyed them.

The Finder's Stone Trilogy: These were the first Realms novels that I read.I enjoyed them all.

The Harpers Series: Having managed to read all but 2 of them,I have to say that all were either decent or really good.I never read one that I didn't like.

The Lost Empires: I've only read the first 2.I liked the first one,but the second wasn't all that good.

The Nobles: I haven't read all of them yet,but so far the only one I didn't care for was "King Pinch".That was too dry of a read for me,and it took a while for me to finally decide to finish it.

The Pools Trilogy: Not bad.I liked them,just not as much as some of the others.

The Shadow of the Avatar Trilogy: I loved them all,but my favorite has to be the first,"Shadows of Doom".

Shandril's Saga: I loved the first...liked the other two.

The Twilight Giants Trilogy: Not bad...but not great.

Evermeet: Fantastic.It's one of my favorite books.

Silverfall: I liked it.

The Knights of Myth Drannor: I'm currently reading the first novel,and I like it so far.

I still have so much to find and read...*sigh*...
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 4:36 pm

didn't mind the Promise of the Witch King , except the final battle seemed rushed.
The Road of the Patriarch is next about page 50 so far and don't mind it.
Welcome to the boards MacCanine and great comments.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 am

Just finished The Road of the Patriarch, it was not bad but the ending dragged it should of just ended in Vaasa and forget the whole father thing.
Reading the Dungeon Series next.
Back to top Go down
thekidxii
Red headed step child
Red headed step child
thekidxii

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:28 pm

i'm off the FR books for now.... really into Raymond Feist's stuff and just discovered David Gemmell man he rocks! gues I should start a new thread.....
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Ok just finished the Dungeon Series and was not a huge fan of the 4 books.
They were ok but nothing over the top. Stardeep took me a very long time to finish it was baout the star elves and the imprisoning of the Traitor. (won't say who it is as it ruins the book)
I'm now starting the series after the Return of the Spider Queen books (lady Pendiant or somehting like that) Book one so far rocks! Theses are great books! Must reads for FR fans.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Ya you will love the Spider Queen books, still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Yeah I read the 6 of them about a year ago so now I have moved on to the other 3 that conclude the story after Lolth returns. I'm half way done book 1 and just got the comic versions of the first 3 Drizzt books which is kind of nice also.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Havent came across the comic versions yet. How are they?
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 pm

The Spider books were on of my favorite series.
The comic of Drizzt is a trade paper back and they are really good you can get them off ebay or Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Ok thanks for the info!

*runs off to Ebay*
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 pm

They are called Homeland, Exile and Soujorn just like the books
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

ok cool
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 am

Just finished Crypt of the Moaning Diamond and it was pretty good. The last book in the dungeon series and it surprised me. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion   Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Realms Novel Discussion
Page 1 of 1