Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Empty
PostSubject: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 5:18 pm

These are just some tiles that I created with Benimoto's (he's on Hordelings and Maxminis) generator. It's currrently offline while he's looking for a new place to host it, but it's a wonderful and fun little tool. A couple of these were designed for more of a skirmish appeal and have some markings (the triangles and a tile or two is named), but after the first few I just started making stuff for fun.

I have a few dozen more tiles and will be adding them as I have the ambition. Some will be more useful than others, and several are variations on a theme (corners, T-intersections, etc.) made to fit easily together depending on space needs and others are made to be assembled into a larger formation (Fighting Pit, Spider Temple, etc.).

The images are a little large to accomodate printing and whatnot so if you choose to use them you may need to fiddle with your printer in order to maintain the proper scale.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Thicket Tiles

Not every encounter is made beneath the ground. While it may not be Sherwood Forrest, there are many wild places where outlaws, bandits and other creatures might be dwelling. These tiles were made to give the DM the ability to have a hedge-maze style dungeon. There are many twists, turns and corners where the bad guys might be hiding and even places where the bad guys might have their gear. The tile showing the small barrow is my favorite.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi15 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi14 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi13 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi12

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmthi10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmove10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmhid10

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmhid11

Last edited by on Sat May 05, 2007 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Pit Fighting Arena

The fighting pit was designed to fit together, but doesn't really fit together with any other portions of any tiles that I've created. It was designed that way largely on purpose. Being sent to the fighting pit isn't something that is generally undone. Once most people are sent there, they do not leave. It would require some dungeon crafting around the outside edges to make it properly. The spectators have to sit/stand somewhere after all.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmpit11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmfig10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmpit10

Spider Temple

I like Drow. I like Drow a lot. Not as much as some folks do, but they have a very special place with me. And what Drow enclave would be complete without a temple in which to worship Lolth? Well, here's one for a smaller enclave/outpost. There's more than enough room for a handful of worshippers and a room for the priestess as well. I wonder how many spiders dwell within all those webs...

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmspi11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmspi10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmspi12

Last edited by on Sat May 05, 2007 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Dungeon

There is no dungeon worthy of the name unless there's a proper place to actually put your prisoners! Prisoners come in all sizes, though, and some are Larger than others. Also included is what could very well serve as a room for the warden and the guards. The statues may be decoration, or could serve as mannequins to hold weapons and armor.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcel10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlar10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlar11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmgua10
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Excellent stuff pinky!! If i only had some ink cartridges.......
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Crypt-like Tiles

Undead are always fun for me. Or maybe I've just watched the Indiana Jones movies a few times too many. Either way, crypt-like surroundings go a long way to creating a sense of unease. Undead don't typically bargain, they don't get scared, and they usually want you dead...which might not be so bad if they weren't guarding such tempting treasures.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry12 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry13

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry14 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry15 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcry16 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmsto10
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Altars and Magic Circles

Most adventures lead into dungeons for more than one reason (loot)...and that reason often revolves a group of unsavory people doing all sorts of unsavory things. This usually involves raising the dead for naughty and not-very-nice reasons, communicating with dark and foul patrons, or turning the living into the not-so-living-anymore. Not just any old place will suit such a purpose, you've usually got to have someplace special to get the job done.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmmag10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmmag11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmmag12 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmmag13

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmsma10
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySat May 05, 2007 11:16 pm

Wow you really have been busy!
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySun May 06, 2007 12:30 am

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.

Mostly, these were done a year or more ago. I had a boring Saturday and/or Sunday when I just sat there and played with the generator.

This is most of the more interesting stuff. I have a few more rooms that were fun to design and a handful (or three) of more basic rooms that I'll load simply because the generator isn't available right now.

As far as getting them online, well, cable modems are great things.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptySun May 06, 2007 1:02 am

Lair

Every group of powerful bad guys and gals needs a place to lay low, store their gear, and generally prepare to make a menace out of themselves. Some lairs are more "comfy" and others are simply places to crash. I've got a bit of each. Yeah, I know a couple of these are really just empty rooms that I'm calling "Lairs". Sue me. :nana:

The first two are meant to fit together, but none of the others were conciously designed for that.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlai10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlai11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmspi13 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmdra10

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlar12 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlar13 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmpoo10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmope10
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptyWed May 09, 2007 12:46 am

Interesting Corridors

Getting there is half the fun.

The other half is killing things and taking their stuff!

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmlig10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcor10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmbot10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmgem10

She got the Goldmine, and I got the Shaft

I've liked the idea of the central shaft for ascending and descending through dungeons since I first read about it in Tucker's Kobolds. It's too useful a device, provides air circulation and is somewhat defensible.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmbur10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcen10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcen11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcen12

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmflo10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcha10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmcha11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmdua10

And the Rest

Nothing really more to add here. These are just a few leftover tidbits. The last two can be used like a dock/pier and arranged either as a narrow walkway or joined together for a more comfortable place to walk.

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmass10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmblo10 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmblo11 Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmdoc10

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Ddmdoc11

Well, that's essentially it. I think I'm about of space, so I'll leave off the plain corridor sections and the corridor pieces are really basically covered with the Dungeon Tiles series of supplements. I hope you all enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptyWed May 09, 2007 9:03 am

Awesome, Pinky! There's some good stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Ghidrah47952
 Rogue
 Rogue
Ghidrah47952

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 am

very nice there pinky
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 am

Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles   Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinky Narfanek's Custom Tiles
Page 1 of 1