Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Our Beloved Demons and Devils

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Our Beloved Demons and Devils Empty
PostSubject: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 8:28 am

FOund on another site that doesn't allow you to express yourselves like you can here:

Rich Baker has been working on the devils and demons in the new Monster Manual. Here's what he has to say:

- Devils are angels who rebelled. They rose up against the deity they served and murdered him. The crime of deicide is unimaginably perverse for angels, and hence devils were cursed and imprisoned in the Nine Hells.
- The Nine Hells are what became of the murdered deity's divine realm after his death. The Hells are the devils' prison, and it is difficult for them to get out without mortal aid.
- We've re-sorted demons and devils a bit, since we want these two categories of monsters to make a little more sense. Devils tend to be more humanoid in form, usually fight with weapons, and often wear armor. Most have horns, wings, and tails. One consequence of this: the erinyes and the succubus were holding down pretty similar territory, so we've decided that they're the same monster, called the succubus, and it's a devil.
- Ice devils don't look like other devils. We've decided that they are actually a demonic/yugoloth race... one that was entrapped by Mephistopheles long ago in an infernal contract. So ice devils hate other devils, retain their insect-like appearance, and have a special loyalty to Mephistopheles. It's one of the reasons why Asmodeus has never chosen to move against Mephistopheles. Asmodeus would of course win if he did, but that would let the ice devils out of their contract.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 am

Personally, I think the whole thing is just stupid and reeks of changing stuff just to be changing something. Demons and Devils have always played a role, even if it was an ancillary role, in my games. I just wish that they'd come out with a Fiendish Codex for the Yugoloths before doing something like this. Would've made for a nice capstone to the end of the Blood War as we know it.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 1:11 pm

Ya I definately would have gotten the codex for yugos, as I got the first 2.

The more and more I read about this new game the more I get heated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 pm

I actually kind of like the changes with Demons and Devils. Except for the Law/Chaos issue, I never saw much difference between them and this will help emphasize that.

And a splatbook on Yugoloths would have been nice as well. I've always been of the opinion that if you start something you shouldfinish it (or at least give it an honest go).
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Our Beloved Demons and Devils Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 pm

codex for yugos would of been a total buy for me.
The devils and demons to me was as important as the orcs in D&D too bad about the change.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved Demons and Devils   Our Beloved Demons and Devils Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Beloved Demons and Devils
Page 1 of 1