Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??

Go down 
+2
ZER0
RedSkullz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Empty
PostSubject: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:02 am

I see there is alot of harsh feelings surrounding DDM 2.o and D&D 4.o rpg.......with just cause in my opinion in many regards. WOTC - At the very least make upgrade 2.o cards for old figures that can be bought And printed off. (for ALL minis not just the select few that "whoever" choses)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:23 am

Well, I like this better than nothing. And if you look at it, do people still play skirmish with harbinger thru GoL for the most part? No, it's kind of just a few figs that ended up making the cut. Not much different, except we're sure out of the bunch that's been released, 60 will still be able to be used, instead of the roughly 8? per set. But, I'm not saying not to be upset over figs being cycled out. I've seen some pretty angry posts thus far on the matter. You know who you are, pinky.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:16 am

Angry? Me?

I don't know what you're talking about. Wink

Seriously, it's more frustration than it is "anger". I happen to believe that there are right ways and wrong ways to do something, and so far all I've seen is what I consider the "wrong way".

Heck, I started my calls for DDM 2.0 a little while ago...so I'm not necessarily averse to how things turned out. I mean, it would have been great if the old minis could have been compatible with 2.0. It would also be great if I weren't covered in bug bites, too. But I'm not seeing either situation changing.

Had I my druthers, I'd probably release half that number (30ish) of cards right away and shoot for another 5 or 10 per month working backwards. But I'm strange.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 12:45 pm

I Will Probably Just Buy Singles,If Anything After This Latest Blunder By WotC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
Had I my druthers, I'd probably release half that number (30ish) of cards right away and shoot for another 5 or 10 per month working backwards. But I'm strange.

That sounds like a better idea than most other things. Even if they put out the 30 cards online and just posted a chunk more every once in a while, on a set schedule, it would be freaking great. Even better if they gave them to us as a way of saying thank you for supporting our company in a store package to buy, or even order online only, I would probably cry and make out with the entity of wizards of the coast.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 3:09 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Pinky Narfanek wrote:

That sounds like a better idea than most other things. Even if they put out the 30 cards online and just posted a chunk more every once in a while, on a set schedule, it would be freaking great. Even better if they gave them to us as a way of saying thank you for supporting our company in a store package to buy, or even order online only, I would probably cry and make out with the entity of wizards of the coast.

I agree...its exactly what wotc should do. I mean why punish the original ddm hardcore collectors. Doing this would help keep the ddm market from crashing. (if no cards are made no skirmish players will want to buy the "old" ddm figures and the market will lose alot of interest....)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:46 pm

well, I think it'll be saturated the first few sets, but by the time it hits around 8, you won't be able to find the older pieces on shelves anymore. Look at it a year ago, you couldn't find the first 5 on shelves at like the 8th? 9th? Set? Ouch. I'm planning on hanging onto some unopened boosters, look at harbinger cases. A thousand bucks? Yowzas.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 am

The secondary market is tough to guage. I mean, look at Magic's. WotC seems to be trying to recapture the creation of the M:tG phenomonon...I'm sure that will work really well. Sad
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 am

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
The secondary market is tough to guage. I mean, look at Magic's. WotC seems to be trying to recapture the creation of the M:tG phenomonon...I'm sure that will work really well. Sad

Yes the secondary market is tough to guage...i just have a very bad feeling its going to crash if wotc doesn't do the right thing and issue stat cards for all old minis.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 am

RedSkullz wrote:
Yes the secondary market is tough to guage...i just have a very bad feeling its going to crash if wotc doesn't do the right thing and issue stat cards for all old minis.

No offense or anything, but how would that make the market crash? It seems like it may wreck the market for the old minis (bonus for me getting cheap minis!) but it should leave the DDM market in general alone. In fact, it seems like it'll make a market for old minis and a seperate market for new ones. But I also can't get my brain to work right for some reason right now... Must... Have.... Sleep....
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 am

ZER0 wrote:
RedSkullz wrote:

No offense or anything, but how would that make the market crash? It seems like it may wreck the market for the old minis (bonus for me getting cheap minis!) but it should leave the DDM market in general alone. In fact, it seems like it'll make a market for old minis and a seperate market for new ones. But I also can't get my brain to work right for some reason right now... Must... Have.... Sleep....

Well losing a large part of the guys that are buying the minis (skirmish players) & all the people that say they are "quitting" the game which will flood the market. (for guys that are buying its a good thing, just not for the sellers)
A few years back the makers of the game "mage knight" decided they were going to "revamp" the game and all the retired figures values plummeted due to their newfound "uselessness"....now DDM does have a large part of its secondary sales generated by rpg players so the values may not drop as hard or as fast as mk.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 11:21 pm

That's what I'm thinking, it's a pretty even spread of people who buy cases and such. I'm still trying to decide between 2 and 3 cases of the Giants huge set in July. I'm sure a lot of people who couldn't get in at GoL are looking forward to a possible storm, cloud, hill, fire, frost giants. RPGers and skirmisher-only people. When I was skirmish only, I still wanted my favorite pieces, good or not, for my collection.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 4:11 pm

The more i read about wotc'c plans with ddm 2.0, the more i may think that the game may not be "non-compatible"...(well based on old figs being uselesss for tourney play....)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Definately, it feels like if you figure out what factions they belong in, and you figure out a new champion "effect" for your commanders, you could probably do a direct translation. I guess we'll see, but from what I've heard it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 pm

Keeo in mind most DMs have been around since Harb if they do collect and they have more then enough of the main pieces..uncommon giants would be cool but mostly I have enough dwarves, elves , orcs and goblins. Promise me creatures they have not done yet as a mini and I might be interested.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, I'm not too sure on DoD2, but the 2nd set they've announced for July of next year will be not only a huge set (schwing!) but giant themed (schwing schwing!). If anything came out with an uncommon giant, this would probably be it. And with what they've been showing us, I expect to see much more monsters than PC's. Seeing as how the G-Cube is 20 in the set and ANY factioned (look at your old checklists) the next 40 or so should be CE/LE. Sucks for me, because I like having a buttload of PC's and one of each standard monster, but it seems like good news for people in your position, yack.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm hoping that the low number for the G-Cube means that we'll be getting some serious boosting for some of our :LE: and :CE: favorites, and maybe even finish out the Evil Dragons. That would be a stunner and a great way to end-out the series for folks who aren't thirlled about going to 4.0.

Which means that it will probably never happen. Uncommon Fire and Frosties would be nice. If I stay in, I'd certainly like to see them.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 2:00 am

Definately. Overall, they've done a decent job of putting out giants. Honestly, if you look at reaper or any other metal figure, it comes to a lot more than the steep $25 asking price for the *old* fire giant (IIRC). The new fire and ice giants are a much more reasonable $10-15 each. And the reaper would come unassembled and unpainted. However, I still would love to see more giants, especially of the uncommon variety. Those are one of my top 2-3 favorites. (Giants in general, I mean). So they end up seeing quite a lot of play. I'm content with the prices now, but I'd be EXSTATIC about the prices with the release of new ones. That's basically how I guage if a figures expensive for RP value. If I can get any other figure to make a good proxy for that piece, expect to do a decent paint job (not much fine detail, etc.) and factor in the cost of my paints ($10-30 cents each color used) and brush wear factor, and it *still* comes out to cheaper than the DDM prepainted, I'll say it's a rip-off. Oh, and I factor in the time I spent painting as saying I could have made $5 an hour doing something else, more if I'm employed and use my spare time to do constructive pursuits. So, taking all of that into consideration, currently giants are worth their money. However, to get a sweet ass deal is quite another story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 1:39 pm

AS far as 2.0, I think I will just be getting singles
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 pm

That's kind of how I felt at first, but I buy cases now, so it won't be any more expensive for me to continue buying cases. So long as I like the stats and the figures involved, at least. But that's always been how I've felt on cases. Thus far with the G-Cube (FINALLY!) and the Umber Hulk alone, I think I'll be grabbing a couple cases. For sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm

I usually see people just buy the minis for their session. Hardly anyone I know actually plays DDM. Unless you're complaining bout not being able to use their stats for 4.0. All I can say is that's laziness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??   Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-compatible DDM 2.o figures??WTF??
Page 1 of 1