Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Chainmail equivalents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Chainmail equivalents Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Chainmail equivalents Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Chainmail equivalents Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Chainmail equivalents Empty
PostSubject: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Think it is about time to update the equivalents now WOTC?

Now you have a second Drizzt out how about making the Drow Ranger the Drizzt equivalent?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:41 pm

What about how the Orc Champion is the same as it's Chainmail equivalent, and yet it isn't legal still. WHY?
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Chainmail equivalents Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Chainmail equivalents Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:49 pm

To Sell More Archfiends Minis Like They Are Through Online Sellers Like They Are...It Is JUST About Profit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:54 pm

Then why make the others legal? It's not like those are not as expensive. The Grey Elf Wizard (Elf Pyromancer) is still pretty high up there, and the Orc Druid is the same as the DDM one, but the DDM goes for $15-20 while the chainmail sells at $1.50.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 5:01 pm

They Want Cheaper Miniatures Off The Market.Just Like They Did With The Lead Ral Partha Miniatures.WotC,After Buying TSR Melted Those Miniatures Away To Make More Expensive Mins.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 8:13 pm

Orc Champion

I appreciate an unfounded rant as much as the next person...No, I take that back: I don't appreciate unfounded rants.

I'd rather that the Drow Ranger was equiv'ed to an actual "Drow Ranger" or similar rather than aligned to Drizzt. I'd really like to see the Chainmail Equivs be worthwhile to put into a warband as opposed to "Bugbear", "Werewolf", et al.

I believe it was at last year's GenCon, but Shoe mentioned that something was coming with Chainmail Equivs, but I've yet to see anything. Of course, it was only a couple months ago that some of his promises came through.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Shoe Says a LOT Of Things And Rarely Delivers...
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 10:03 pm

Where does it say that the Orc Champion is legal? I keep looking at the Wizards page and I'm not seeing it.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20031127a
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 11:21 pm

How utterly peculiar.

Ian's in Japan (or was until just recently), but someone should make a note for him that it's been left out of the floor rules.

I can't imagine that it was left out intentionally.
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 1:01 am

Like I said, it didn't make any sense. They are the same thing, except one is metal. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 1:15 am

That was a good (if strange) catch.

I've left a post on Hordelings about it. I know Ian checks there pretty regularly. He may not respond to my thread, but I believe he'll at least read it.

The real kick is that, because the way the rules have been written, I don't think it's possible for a judge to allow a Chainmail OC if it ever gets challenged. It's like the whole Basic Game (II) thing over again...

This is getting absurd. :wtf:

Someone needs to pull their head out and get a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 1:30 am

I know almost nothing about the allowances of Chainmail minis in constructed tournaments. What do you mean by the challenging? Is it possible for you to get in trouble for using a chainmail mini that is on the list?
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 8:31 pm

SkYlyn3 wrote:
I know almost nothing about the allowances of Chainmail minis in constructed tournaments. What do you mean by the challenging? Is it possible for you to get in trouble for using a chainmail mini that is on the list?
Specific to the OC: Basically, an unscrupulous (IMO) player who was aware of the Chainmail OC's absence could, if playing against a player with a Chainmail OC, call the judge over and challenge the legality of the warband. While the OC has not been specifically exempted and does have an official equiv card, it does not appear in the appendix that lists the allowable Chainmail models. By a strict reading of the rules, the warband with the Chainmail OC would have to be declared illegal.

Chainmail in General: Any mini on the list should be allowable if it's within the other parameters set forth for Chainmail and converted minis in the floor rules. So it's technically possible for a heavily (or even moderately) converted mini to be disallowed even though it's on the list. But that should be a very rare occurrance.

Specific to the Basic Game (II) Minis: Most of the miniatures released in the Basic Game (II) were temporarily declared as not usable in official games. Because the minis had a different name on the base than would normally be associated. Regdar was, I believe, the only exception. Because the names were not the same (Whatsisbucket, Dwarf Cleric vs. Cleric of Moradin), it could not be conclusively proved that the miniature was indeed the same figure. It was also ruled that if the figure had been removed from its base it was perfectly legal (again if within the parameters set forth for converted miniatures) as it was easily identifiable because the "confusing" information present on the Basic Game (II) miniature was no longer present. Suspect It's an absolutely absurd ruling, but the only ruling possible within the framework of rules.
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyFri May 04, 2007 4:27 am

So, any ruling about this yet?
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents EmptyFri May 04, 2007 7:12 pm

Not that I've heard. Of course, I really don't expect to hear back. All that's needed is to change the appendix quietly and let things go from there.

If it hasn't been updated Ian either hasn't seen it, or hasn't gotten around to it.

I'm reluctant to mention this on the WotC board just in case there is a toolbox who decides to yank someone's proverbial chain about an OC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chainmail equivalents   Chainmail equivalents Empty

Back to top Go down

Chainmail equivalents
Page 1 of 1