Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Gleemax is no more!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Gleemax is no more! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Gleemax is no more! Empty
PostSubject: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Wizards of the Coast today announced the decision to discontinue its Gleemax social networking site in order to focus on digital initiatives for core brands Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons.

“We have the two best games in the world,” said Randy Buehler, VP of Digital Games for Wizards of the Coast, “we need to take care of them before expanding into new digital arenas.”

Redirecting development resources accelerates the completion of new features and functionality for D&D Insider and Magic Online III.

“Wizards still believes in the vision for a social networking site dedicated to hobby gamers,” said Buehler. “We will continue to strive towards that vision through wizards.com.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Gleemax is no more! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Good now they can concentrate on putting out decent minis!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Agree never liked the change over, I quit going once they had issues bring the old accounts over and asked everyone to sign back in , in a certain amount of time to get their profile across. That too me is junk software
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Gleemax is no more! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:26 pm

That's the only reason I'm "glad" that gleemax is gone: WotC had, as I believe many of us "naysayers" (to use another board's term for those who weren't in lockstep with WotC decree), already put quite a sizable amount on their proverbial plates. To add gleemax to that was just ill-thought out.

And although I might be a naysayer, I'm still not happy that gleemax folded. I'd have been rather happy (and seriously im-friggin-pressed) if WotC had pulled it off. But here we are anyway. WotC has, yet again, fallen short on the digital front.

I just don't think that WotC (or maybe it's Hasbro) has the electronic balls to take D&D as far as they'll need to go in order to make it a success
Back to top Go down
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:56 pm

No big surprise here. It, like many things digital that WotC have tried to do, was a solid concept that fell flat on it's face with piss poor execution. In another 6 months to a year we'll be saying the same thing about the D&DI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gleemax is no more!   Gleemax is no more! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gleemax is no more!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: General Geekdom :: Geeked Inn-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com