Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Comic Books!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Well here i am again with more collecting topics (i may have a collecting problem...)
Comic books!! Who else here collects? I only collect pre-1995 books. Some of the highlights of my comic collection is:
Star Wars 1-6,8 (vf)
Daredevil #89 (vs Electro!!)
Secret Wars #8 (first appearance of the black spiderman!)
Wolverine Weapon X (full run)
Batman Vs Predator
Spiderman maximum Carnage (full run)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:09 pm

I usually go for graphic novels. I collect singles as they come out, and my collection's about a box big. Some of my favorite items from my collection would be:

X-men- Golgatha (great read, will hang onto this one)
All the dark elf TPB's from homeland to crystal shard
Some old Gambit comics, nearly a complete series in singles (gambit=awesome!)
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Comic Books!! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:23 pm

I had every Spiderman book from Amazing Number 4 up till year 2000. Including every appearance and all the series of Spiderman. Sold them all but the first 100 amazing spiderman and the odd book in between like first appearance of the Hobgoblin, punisherand black cat. So now I'm down to about 120 issues total, they are put away.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 pm

yack wrote:
I had every Spiderman book from Amazing Number 4 up till year 2000. Including every appearance and all the series of Spiderman. Sold them all but the first 100 amazing spiderman and the odd book in between like first appearance of the Hobgoblin, punisherand black cat. So now I'm down to about 120 issues total, they are put away.

Thats friggin' awesome...too bad you sold them...i would hitchhike to see that collection Very Happy
Those must have been very, very hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:15 am

I actually have a lot of comics. Can't remember all the issue numbers and all the different comics that I picked up on a whim.
Spawn #1
Captain America #25 the one he supposedly died in
Ghost Rider
The Ultimates #1
Quite a few Spidey, X-men, Wolverine comics

Always willing to buy and trade for Lobo and Deadpool and JSA comics or any comics that might interest me. When I have the money and not spending it on new releases of heroclix. New set coming up with Lobo and Guy Gardner so I got money put aside to try and get those two clix and others that they haven't announced yet in the new Justice League set.

Last edited by on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:21 am

I obssess over deadpool. Some of my favorite stuff is in my deadpool + cable comics. I also took a liking to the campiness of alpha flight. Don't like the 2nd gen as much, but it's pretty good. I'll go check out the ol' collection and see what I've got floating around in it.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 am

ZER0 wrote:
I obssess over deadpool. Some of my favorite stuff is in my deadpool + cable comics. I also took a liking to the campiness of alpha flight. Don't like the 2nd gen as much, but it's pretty good. I'll go check out the ol' collection and see what I've got floating around in it.

Yeah deadpool is so cool. I also have a fair amount of avengers, xmen, spiderman, batman and punisher books. All in all i think i have about 800+ (not 100% sure...lol)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:35 am

I probably have less than a 100 issues, most of them are issue #1 though. I tend to pick #1 issues of anything just to see if I get lucky and have a comic that will be worth money down the road.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:53 am

I bought alot of weird #1's way back when...Dark Shadows, Green Hornet, Twillight Zone, Leatherface, The Thing from Outerspace, Wildcats...the list goes on and on. LOL
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:57 am

RedSkullz wrote:
I bought alot of weird #1's way back when...Dark Shadows, Green Hornet, Twillight Zone, Leatherface, The Thing from Outerspace, Wildcats...the list goes on and on. LOL

The Green Hornet and Wildcats sound interesting. I've read Wildcats comics before but never a Green Hornet one. The Dark Shadows comic is not ringing a bell right now. Might be because its time for me to Sleep .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:00 am

I would love to have the complete collections of Deadpool, Lobo, JSA, and most of the JLA comics starting with Justice League Europe and Justice League International to now. But that will take me years and probably will not happen until I'm out of school and have a job with a decent salary.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:43 am

RedSkullz wrote:
yack wrote:

Thats friggin' awesome...too bad you sold them...i would hitchhike to see that collection Very Happy
Those must have been very, very hard to find.

thanks RS ya it was my pride and joy at one time. Took me about 10 years to do it and the hunt was most of the fun. Like I stated I still have a lot of spiderman comics but just kept the $$$ ones. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Comic Books!! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm

Oh, there were sooo many. That was a real boom for comics back then.

But, I used to collect X-Men (all varieties except X-Man, Cable, etc.). And I used to pick up Shadow of the Bat and Legends of the Dark Knight. Sandman and Sandman Mystery Theatre as well as anything Grendel.

I've still got boxes of the things...including the original (I think) Deadpool limited series. But I got very tired of "bad guys" being made into "good guys" and "crossovers that only included a page or three of story and the rest was 18 pages of the teams beating the snot out of each other.

And then I discovered alcohol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Books!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books!!   Comic Books!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Comic Books!!
Page 1 of 1