Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

What core and source books should i get

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What core and source books should i get Empty
PostSubject: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm going to pick up the main three 3.5 version books. But what I was wondering is what sourcebooks should I keep my eyes out open for. I'm kind of looking at tome of magic but what sourcebooks do you like and why?
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : What core and source books should i get Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : What core and source books should i get Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : What core and source books should i get Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 7:05 pm

Well you cant go wrong with:

Complete Divine and Arcane as they help you build some good PCs.
Unearthed Arcana is good as well. If you are going to play in a certain Campaign, get that Campaigns source book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : What core and source books should i get Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : What core and source books should i get Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Almost All Of The Complete Books Are Must-Haves,Except For The Mage And Scroundrels,They Were Poorly Made.

You Want The Player's Handbook 2 As Well For All The New Classes And Spell Compendium For Magic.

If You Plan On Playing Forgotten Realms,Be Sure To Pick Up Faiths And Pantheons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyTue Apr 10, 2007 7:51 pm

I would go with the Spell Compendium For Magic and the one for magic items also. they are almost must haves, unless your player then you would just need the spell one.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : What core and source books should i get Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyTue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Are you going to be a player or DM?

If you're just going to be a player, then I wouldn't even bother with the DMG or the MM. If you'll be playing in Eberron, Forgotton Realms or another established setting then I would get that sourcebook and maybe one of the books that focuses on the type of character you want to play.

If you're going to DM, then I would get the three Core books and probably a "splat" book. If you'll be using Aberrations (Lords of Madness), Dragons (Draconomicon), Undead (Libris Mortis), Devils or Demons (Fiendish Codex II or I respectively), etc.

I also happen to like Weapons of Legacy. That's really more a subjective taste and I think that the book really isn't very well put together (information-wise) for the cost and should have been filled out in several areas (and thinned down in a couple others).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks everybody. I'll go through the book suggestions and read up on the books and see what books that would help my play style out. Will probably be a player at first for those wondering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What core and source books should i get   What core and source books should i get Empty

Back to top Go down

What core and source books should i get
Page 1 of 1