Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Top Video Game Selection?

Go down 
+4
Sir Bozak The Damned
Kilsek
ZER0
RedSkullz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 pm

hmmmm not familiar with bioshock Vanrulzz.(i am wayyyy behind in my vids though Sad )
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 12:28 am

Only reason I recognize it is because of Penny Arcade, haha. I didn't get the joke, but now I know the name of a video game. Damn my inability to afford new consoles!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:38 pm

Console:

SNES: Zombies Ate My Neighbours

Sega: Shadowrun

PC: Eye of the Beholder series
Wasteland (old scrolling-text game like the original Bard's Tale)
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Doom I & II
Duke Nukem II
C&C: Red Alert

PS1: Bloody Roar I & II
Driver

PS2: GH3 - Legends of Rock
DOA2 (friends would make me choose random character while they played thier fave to give em a chance)
Bloody Roar III

Xbox: Fable
Halo & Halo II

Xbox 360: GRAW I & II
Halo III
Call of Duty III & especially IV (best FPS in years)
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Back to top Go down
BDragon8
 Rogue
 Rogue
BDragon8

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:26 am

Bioshock is a good game. Its an FPS, but in a different way then most. It also has a magic like aspect were you can use powers, mana is eve in this game and spells/powerups are plasmids, some enemies are strong, while others are fairly weak, because reloading and ammo count per clip is realistic and because this is 50s/60s setting the guns are less advanced though upgrades for your guns always help. You can't just charge in, and need to be decisive on who you attack.
If this applies and you know it, similar as in prey when you die you don't lose. In prey you get this little bow and arrow game. get health and spirit within time limit and on your way. you can't lose. if your heart desires you could beat the entire game only meleeing albeit this would not be fun
In bioshock when you die, you spawn in a vita chamber. you don't lose or gain anything you just have some health and eve. all enemies have same health you left them with
While you techniquely can't lose, this is annoying to die
The game overall is fun. If you have brightness levels right(settings when you first play have you change it so you can barely see something) just right, dark but not too dark, the game is kind of freaky at times when the shadows dance around when some enemies are moving around you.
I would recommend this game to an open person. If you like the FPS genre this is a good game for you, eve(magic) is neccasary to gameplay and fun to use. However if your not a fan of a slower paced, waiting FPS this game might not be for you. Enemies are not stupid, they just play a certain character type. Some enemies blindly charge at you, others dodge and shoot. Where as the strongest enemies(big daddies) don't worry about health and just use all their assortment of strong moves and it is you that must be careful. While Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock are both fun and extremely well made shooters, they are quite different. I like to compare the Game as almost shadowrun(360 version not old rpg version)+oblivion/elderscrolls. The magic however is quite different from shadowruns in its style.
Hope this Helps

PS: This is a good game and does deserve the good reviews it gets- it sets a new standard in FPS as they aren't always fast paced shooters. It adds something new to the FPS genre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Video Game Selection?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2