Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Top Video Game Selection?

Go down 
+4
Sir Bozak The Damned
Kilsek
ZER0
RedSkullz
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Top Video Game Selection? Empty
PostSubject: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Well video games...do you play?
Top choices for me are...(choices limited to PC mostly due to no PS2 or Xbox Sad )

Favorite RPGs:
Baldurs Gate 1 + 2
Temple of Elemental Evil (2005)
Dungeon Seige II

Army:
Metal Gear Solid
Medal of Honor

Strategy:
Heroes of might and magic III & IV
Warcraft & II
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 am

My favorite games are mostly RPGs so here is a list by system that I currently play with a few non RPGs

My Favorite PS1 Games:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Front Mission 3

PS2:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
The Bards Tale
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII

Xbox:
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Halo 1 and 2
X-Men Legends 1 & 2
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 12:56 am

Hey Shadow!!
Absolutely the best game ever vote goes to Final Fantasy Tactics for me :) with FFVII a close second...(ummm i need a ps2 or ps1 now...)
Bards tale...awesome game but way too easy. I have been itching to play my copies of the games you sent me.(my friggin ps1 broke Sad )
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 1:07 am

Marvel Legends 2 (for PSP is my fav), Final Fantasy 6 (or 3 back in my day Very Happy), Icewind Dale 2, Diablo 2, Guitar Hero 2, and a few more I can't think of (all my consoles got stolen a while back, and I can't afford to re-purchase them, so I've been without video games a while)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 1:16 am

RedSkullz wrote:
Hey Shadow!!
Absolutely the best game ever vote goes to Final Fantasy Tactics for me :) with FFVII a close second...(ummm i need a ps2 or ps1 now...)
Bards tale...awesome game but way too easy. I have been itching to play my copies of the games you sent me.(my friggin ps1 broke Sad )

Can you believe that I've not played Final Fantasy Tactics yet? I will one of these days when I find a cheap copy.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 1:50 am

Shadow40 wrote:
RedSkullz wrote:
Hey Shadow!!

Can you believe that I've not played Final Fantasy Tactics yet? I will one of these days when I find a cheap copy.

There is now the Final Fantasy Tactics available in greatist hits so it will be very easy to find a cheap one :)
GET IT!! Best friggin game ever...
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Top Video Game Selection? Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Top Video Game Selection? Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Top Video Game Selection? Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 am

Icewind Dale

Final Fantasy
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Top Video Game Selection? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Top Video Game Selection? Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 pm

My Favorite Console Game Of All Time Is Still River City Ransom On The Old Nintendo.So Much Fun Beating Up Jocks Alkone Or With a Friend.

I Will List Good RPG's Later ( I Am a Fan Of Console RPG's....PC RPG's Are Really Mostly Awful For My Tastes.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 pm

Sir Bozak The Damned wrote:
My Favorite Console Game Of All Time Is Still River City Ransom On The Old Nintendo.So Much Fun Beating Up Jocks Alkone Or With a Friend.

I Will List Good RPG's Later ( I Am a Fan Of Console RPG's....PC RPG's Are Really Mostly Awful For My Tastes.)

Gasp!! Please dont tell me that the original Baldurs Gate (and 2) and Icewind Dale (and 2) were awful...please dont tell me that Sir Bozak Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Baldur's Gate,Yup.

I Never Played The 2 Others.Much Too Slowly Paced,Even For RPG's...
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:27 pm

I used to *love* those until I switched to 3.5 and couldn't go back. It's like going from canned pork to hamburgers. You just can't go back...
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 pm

Yeah they were rather slow paced, but man they are such in-depth games....
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:47 pm

Oh yeah, 2nd ed is how I fell in love with D&D. But 3.5 was like renewing our vows. It was hot.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:57 pm

It was hot....lol
I remember when i was about 8-9 ? years old going to a friends of the parents and noticing a whole bunch of D+D books...the whole time we were there i read through the books. I wanted to take the books home with me soooooooooooooooooooo bad...lol
The following year my oldest brother bought me a red box set and i was in D&D heaven from that moment on :)
Too bad there is not more players around here these days Sad
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:59 pm

that would be better suited to the story-telling thread I started r-dawg! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 am

Video games? I remember when I played those...but the youngest put the final move on a dying PlayStation, and I haven't gotten the one their dad got for them hooked up yet. But, when I was playing I loved:

Twisted Metal 2
NHL 2001 (unfortunately Rookie means that I have an absolutely sick record as the Penguins)
Star Wars Demolition
Vigilante 8
Vigilante 8: Second Offense
Bust-a-Move 2
Super Puzzle Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor 2 (I never did finish that one)
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Monster Rancher

But I really haven't done much in the last few years.

On the computer, it's Diablo 2 all the way. That's really the only one I've got.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:24 am

Ooooooooo Twisted Metal 2&3...man i used to love those PS1 games!!
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:08 pm

Twisted Metals 3 and 4 were huge disappointments for me. I never got a chance to venture into the upgrades for PS2 and PS3 (I'm too po' for that).

But TM2 has been a hoot from the first couple times I played it, and even though I'm usually running with Minion, I rarely get tired of some mindless carnage...

That's one of the reasons that I got into Star Wars: Demolition and the V8 games. Those were also some really amazing fun...Although SW:D isn't much of a challenge to me.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Hmmmm...Star Wars demolition...what system is that one for? I want it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Star Wars Demolition was for the original PlayStation. It's really a pretty fun game, but once you get the hang of it, there's not too much challenge left.

It uses the Vigilante 8 engine system, so if you don't like how that controls, you probably won't like SWD.

But I quickly learned what weapons suited my style and grabbed the appropriate droid (Power, Tactical, Astromech) when it became available and learned to make my shots count. After that? It's a matter of keeping yourself moving until you can launch another attack.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 5:21 pm

Yeah i liked the Vigilante 8 system...not as good as TM2 but a fun system. I'll have to get it and check it out :)
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Does anyone ever get the urge to play some old NES or Snes games? Every once in awhile i want to play Donkey Kong Country...lol
I do have the Super Metroid i may need to bust out one day.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 am

I can top that.

I can top that.

Intellivision! Astrosmash was once game that I could play for hours. I even overheated the console on a couple ocassions. B-17 Bomber (even though we never had the Intellivoice that went with it Sad ) was another one. Bombing run after bombing run until Germany was smouldering ruin. Bump'n'Jump was another obsession of mine...I knew where there were places that I could jump offscreen, land and continue to race without being able to see my car.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 1:19 am

Youch...those are some old games there pinky...i used to have fun with the Colecovision Smurfs game when i was a youngen...(so sue me...lol)
I actually found an Atari 2600 Sunnyvale edition at a local yard sale a few years back. (what are the odds of that...all the way from California...lol) Ended up selling it for $140 on ebay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 pm

RedSkullz wrote:
Does anyone ever get the urge to play some old NES or Snes games? Every once in awhile i want to play Donkey Kong Country...lol
I do have the Super Metroid i may need to bust out one day.

I do, I love to play Super Mario Brothers 3, Tetris, Zelda, and a few other games for the NES. As for the SNES there only a few I play like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and Zelda.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:19 pm

My all time favorite for the NES was Dragon Warrior 2...man what a fun game. Right on par with Final Fantasy for the nes. Hmmm i never did get to try FF Mystic Quest...
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:57 pm

I d/l'ed an emulator back in the day, but it was only fun if I had a controller. I may invest in a wii again if I can ever find myself in that kind of money. It was fun playing on the classic controller. I had zelda Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Of course you can always wait for the next "phase" of video game technology to come through and then buy a wii for $40 Wink
I have considered trying the emulator route, but i am not sure if it would work with crappy dial-up Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 11:48 am

I Always Prefered Dragon Warrior 4 To The Second One.It Was Longer And The Storyline Was Top Notch.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 1:05 pm

I actually *always* wait until the next system's come out to replace the one I want. I'm about to get a PS2 when I can get some scratch together. $89 new beats the $200+ when it first came out, waiting in line, etc. And you're sure they have games out by then Very Happy I really hope I can get a PS2 soon, I want so many things for it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 2:12 am

ZER0 wrote:
I actually *always* wait until the next system's come out to replace the one I want. I'm about to get a PS2 when I can get some scratch together. $89 new beats the $200+ when it first came out, waiting in line, etc. And you're sure they have games out by then Very Happy I really hope I can get a PS2 soon, I want so many things for it!

This sounds like me. I usually buy my game systems in this exact manner. The selection of games you have is outstanding when you buy an old game system.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 2:28 am

I Always Prefered Dragon Warrior 4 To The Second One.It Was Longer And The Storyline Was Top Notch.

Dragon Warrior 2,3 & 4 were all suberb games. Anyone ever try the dragon warrior for the SNES?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 10:52 am

RedSkullz wrote:

Dragon Warrior 2,3 & 4 were all suberb games. Anyone ever try the dragon warrior for the SNES?

I don't remember playing any of those games. But I could have because it was such a long time ago. May have played them at a friends house but I can't remember right now.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm

RedSkullz wrote:
Of course you can always wait for the next "phase" of video game technology to come through and then buy a wii for $40 Wink
Oh, yeah. PS2, I'm coming for you one of these days!

Daddy needs more Twisted Metal, Tekken and Bloody Roar! What can I say? I love my fighting games.

But then I have to go about finding all those "old," "has been" games. Which can be somewhat problematic.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:41 pm

I am also a huge fan of tekken tag...such a fun game. Some games can get hard to find but i find alot of PS1/2 games dont hold much value. The exceptions are the really good rpg's usually.(well except the "greatest hit" version games...they are really cheap)
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:03 am

Well, then. I guess I won't lose all hope!

Greatest Hits games saved my gaming bacon when I finally got a PS....Mmmm...Twisted Metal goodness...

And Bust-a-Move 2, too! Getting hammered and playing that was an absolut riot!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:09 am

You and I are on the same page with bust-a-move. Hence my surprise and excitement when I found out bust-a-move for the wii was 8 players on the same screen. Woot and a half.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Bust a move!! LOL.... sorry but you two are on your own with that one Wink
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:51 pm

EIGHT players on the same screen?

Oh, my friends would hate me by the time we were done with that!! As it was the most of them wouldn't play against me when it came to that game.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:47 am

hmm in no order
Pool of Radiance
Curse of Azure Bonds
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale
Neverwinter nights... they were all fun
Doom!
GTA3
Mario Cart
EA Sports hockey hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
EIGHT players on the same screen?

Oh, my friends would hate me by the time we were done with that!! As it was the most of them wouldn't play against me when it came to that game.

Even better, it's co-op. You all work against the same lines of bubbles coming out of the top.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 am

Co-op? That went from crazy to insane!

I can't imagine eight people working on the same line of bubbles. Nasty...just nasty.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:16 am

Has anyone else ever play the Fantasy/Strategy pc game Heroes of Might and Magic IV or III ? I have been playing these games for years, they really are a blast. I bought HOMM 3 & 4 for $20 US shipped.(with all expansions)
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 12:15 pm

I bought Justice League for PS2 this week. I can't wait to play it. I've heard both good and bad about the game. Hopefully, I'll like it. Can't wait to try it out. I've been so busy I haven't had time to play anything Sad .
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I dug Justice League for PS2, only problem is it got old pretty quick, and multiplayer was just impossible (horribly boring) instead of adding to it like x-men legends seemed to. But as far as Heroes of Might and Magic, I have 4/5 here I think. I'll have to go see. Goofy games, but I love 'em.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 2:11 am

Is justice league similar to Xmen legends? Man those games are fun :)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 2:26 am

It's run off the Champions of Norrath Engine. It's similar to Legends, but closer to ultimate alliance (no potions, health orbs and experience orbs). Overall fun game, and worth a rental if it's possible for you. But don't decide to buy it on my review, everyone else seemed to hate it.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 2:26 pm

hmmmmmmmm champions of norrah engine...i am liking the sounds of that.(i love champions of norrah Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 4:24 pm

Read my new thread: Video game reviews for my response, Redskullz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vanrulzz
 Rogue
 Rogue
vanrulzz

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 pm

Anyone get Bioshock? i wanna know if its any good. the critics may say OMG 10/10!!!!1!! bu i wanna know what u guys think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Video Game Selection?   Top Video Game Selection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Video Game Selection?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next