Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Alternate Terrain Making Supplies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Alternate Terrain Making Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Terrain Making Supplies   Alternate Terrain Making Supplies EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 2:34 pm

I recently noticed as i bought some Woodland Scenice materials that there is another cheaper means to get "reed" grass....I am a fisherman and have a ton of Bucktail for tying muskie baits and trout flies...One bucktail costs about $6 and the come in a large variety of colors. There would be about 6 times the material in a bucktail for the same money on Woodland Scenics "reed grass"
I also frequent second hand stores and often find clothing can be a good source of material for different terrain applications...(like fur bed spreads for example)
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Alternate Terrain Making Supplies Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Alternate Terrain Making Supplies Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Terrain Making Supplies   Alternate Terrain Making Supplies EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 pm

That's the rub with modeling supplies. Sure it's great, but it costs. Resourceful modelers can find great stuff in a number of different and sometimes quite surprising locations.

Cork
Window screen
Sandbox sand

All that can be useful.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Terrain Making Supplies   Alternate Terrain Making Supplies EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:28 pm

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
That's the rub with modeling supplies. Sure it's great, but it costs. Resourceful modelers can find great stuff in a number of different and sometimes quite surprising locations.

Cork
Window screen
Sandbox sand

All that can be useful.

Yes definitely...many different types of earth/sand should be watched out for also...hmmm that reminds me. There is a place not far that has a very unique red colored sand that i must get before the snow starts flying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Terrain Making Supplies   Alternate Terrain Making Supplies Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternate Terrain Making Supplies
Page 1 of 1