Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Toy Collecting!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:20 am

Anyone else here a Toy collector in addition to D+D minis or Rpg?
I currently collect:
Marvel Action Figures (in moderation)
DC Action Figures (Batman and JLA only)
Star Wars (mostly only the old ones when i can find them)
G.I. Joe (the 1985-87 ones...vehicles mostly)
Transformers G1 (when i can find them...lol)
Anyone else collect them?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:28 am

I collect toys also:

Star Wars mostly
A couple of transformers, use to have a ton but lost some of them in a move a while back
TMNT figures
and anything else that catches my eye
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 1:01 am

Cool shadow...i did not know you collected star wars stuff... cool
Oh yeah i have alos been collecting odds and ends of Lord of the Rings stuff since the movies...
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 am

Well, I started collecting the apocalypse build-a-fig series of apocalypse, and ended up going really manic one day and opened them all up to build apocalypse for my son. Now I have about 20 marvel legends series action figures opened in a storage container with an all-build up apocalypse, most of galactus, a bit of mojo, a lot of "onslaught" (even though I guess he's supposed to be that onslaught reborn crap. He looks like some monster or something, that's not how I remember him looking Sad) Had a few star wars figs, but I don't really think I care about those as much. Trying to get ahold of D&D action figures that have already been opened so when my son's old enough he can play with a rust monster and warduke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Toy Collecting!! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Toy Collecting!! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Toy Collecting!! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am

I have some original GI joe figs
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm

ZER0 wrote:
Well, I started collecting the apocalypse build-a-fig series of apocalypse, and ended up going really manic one day and opened them all up to build apocalypse for my son. Now I have about 20 marvel legends series action figures opened in a storage container with an all-build up apocalypse, most of galactus, a bit of mojo, a lot of "onslaught" (even though I guess he's supposed to be that onslaught reborn crap. He looks like some monster or something, that's not how I remember him looking Sad) Had a few star wars figs, but I don't really think I care about those as much. Trying to get ahold of D&D action figures that have already been opened so when my son's old enough he can play with a rust monster and warduke Very Happy

I want to collect the Marvel Legends action figures but funds dont permit at this time. The only marvel legends figure i have is the Punisher. I was extremely tempted to buy Loki in a store the other day.
As for the old D&D figures, i would love to get my hands on some of them but they are very hard to find.

Kilsek- Hmm you have original joe figures? Maybe we can work something out in a future map deal trade if you want to get rid of them :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 am

RedSkullz wrote:
Cool shadow...i did not know you collected star wars stuff... cool
Oh yeah i have alos been collecting odds and ends of Lord of the Rings stuff since the movies...

Yep I collect Star Wars items. My whole family knows I love star wars stuff so I usually get an item or two that is star wars related from any member of my family from my grandma, from my aunt, cousins, etc. I love playing with my FX Darth Vader Lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 3:43 am

I want one of those so bad, the force fx sabers I think. The spring-action ones. I've been waiting for a good one to come out since I first saw the movies back in the early 90's (at least the first time I remember seeing it, and the first time I could tell someone how fast the Falcon could complete the Kessel Run Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:01 am

Here is a link to the one I have. It is a total blast to play with. Hell, just powering it up is awesome.

http://masterreplicas.com//store/star_wars/force_fx/8387/
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Sweet...i would love to get one of those. The wife and i went to the flea market today. We arrived early. I was doing my rounds and i look down to see a Cobra Rattler!!(no accessories) After that i look around at the same table and there it is....a G.I.Joe Skystriker in the original box!! Its missing the canopy and the pilot, but it did come with Recondo and Stormshadow!! Picked it all up for $15...not a bad day Wink
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Nice, I used to cruise flea markets, but I'd end up spending *way* too much on dumb stuff haha.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Nice find, RedSkullz! Sounds like you had a good day at the flea market. Also sounds like you found some good movies realy cheap.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Toy Collecting!! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 3:59 pm

I have some Star Wars toys from the 70s-80s
I have the Marvel figures from the Legends set from a few years ago.
I also have a bunch of Horror Figures from TMcF series.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Toy Collecting!! Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:28 pm

I've still got a bunch of stuff that was mostly random, but I really got "out" of the toy market when the Star Wars Episode II figures came out. I'd been waning for some time, but all those things just pushed me over the edge.

I still have most/all of the McFarlane's Anime series one and Monsters I and II, but they're out of boxes and I didn't save the packing. *shrug* I didn't get them for investments, I got them because they were toys!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 6:28 pm

I feel the same way about some of the marvel legends. They're freaking toys! Haha. I'm going to pick up some McFarlane's stuff soon, most especially the cool little dragons (I've got some extra bases lying around, huge/gargantuan greens and reds for my RP games!
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Despite everyone's clamoring over them, I've not been terribly impressed with the Dragons line from McFarlane. They do look decent, but I guess I just don't "get" it.

Of course, even with the NHL line, I still don't "get" having toys I'm not supposed to take out and play with...

*does not compute, does not compute*
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm

I have been very tempted to buy some of the Dragons but i have not...i probably would keep them sealed and displayed if i ever do get them. Well maybe proxy a few for ddm i cant afford Wink
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:36 pm

I think the McFarlane's line is so appealing because it's decently sculpted dragon/fantasy "action figures" without having to shell out too much. They look really good IMO, but if you don't have a use for them, they're not spectacular amazing display pieces. It opened up my creative side and I'm looking for appropriate bases to throw them on to avoid the $50-75 Collossal Red, which doesn't even look that great IMO. I guess it's just a "some people like it, some people don't" situation.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:50 pm

Oh, yeah. And don't even get me started about McFarlane's definition of the word "action" in reference to a figure. There should be at least five points of articulation, and they shouldn't be amazingly obvious if not in the "standard" pose.

*sigh*

OK, I'll shut up about this now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toy Collecting!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Collecting!!   Toy Collecting!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Collecting!!
Page 1 of 1