Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

All the Years of Final Fantasy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

All the Years of Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:34 am

How many of you are final fantasy nuts? I grew up with FF1 and evolved with the great FF2 and FF3 (which is still a spectactular game) Of course FFVII was just an incredible game. The series took a bit of a dip on FFVII and dropped even further down with FFIX. FFX was the last i played. What are the newest ones like? I only hear awesome things about the online version.
Ahh yes....i cannot forget my favorite Final Fantasy game FFtactics :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 am

I'm a Final Fantasy nut. The only Final Fantasy I really did not like was Final Fantasy VIII, never could get into the game. Final Fantasy XII is pretty awesome, I like to use a bow because the animations for it is awesome in the game. I'll also try to find Final Fantasy Tactics and play it.

I loved Final Fantasy VII and I loved the movie that came out, I believe it was called Final Fantasy Advent Children. The movie rocked. Getting to see some of my favorite characters in the movie was awesome.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:56 am

Yeah the spell system in FFVIII was ridiculously monotonous...what were they thinking there??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:00 am

I just absolutely hated FF VIII I actually thought they improved with FF IX. I know many people didn't like it but it was way better than the piece of crap called FF VIII. As you can tell I hate that game and I seriously didn't like the story in it. Maybe because it came after FF VII I was expecting more, but I don't know, I just never liked it.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:00 am

I'm totally a FF nerd. I started with 6 (though back in my day, we called it 3!). I just picked up the chrono trigger with 4(?) I think for PS1.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:05 am

Yeah the story in FFVIII was lame for sure. Yeah i guess they did improve FFIX. (in certain areas)
Ooooo Chrono trigger....now there is a friggin awesome game. The original CT was for SNES, although there was a PS1 version also.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 5:28 pm

I've always wanted to play Chrono Trigger and I've heard such nice things about it. Its been on my to play list for a long time now. When I get more time I will take it off my list and actually play it after I buy it.
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : All the Years of Final Fantasy Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 3:56 pm

I started with number one and I started to quit I think after version7 or 8 when they went away from the fantasy part and made it more hi-tech. Blah!
Now i don't play vids barely at all.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 4:25 pm

7 was fun, but 8 was bad. 9 was a great step-back to the roots (black mage rocks), and 10 was garbage. X2 was horrible as well. 12 was a LOT of fun. I wish it weren't set in the same world as tactics, but it worked. I prefer the way they usually do it with each new game having its own new world.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeah ffviii was brutal...the story was okay but the battle system was truely horrible. I still say next to tactics that FFVII (Ps1) and FFIII for the Snes were the greatest.
Shadow- If you can find a copy of Chronotrigger be sure to get it.(especially from yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops) Usually chronotrigger sells for $30+ for the cart on ebay. Not sure about the Ps1 editions value...
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : All the Years of Final Fantasy Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 9:58 pm

I Have Been a Fan From Day One.I Thought The Senseless Story And Upgrading System Was Horrible.I Did Not Bother Going Past CD 1,Although My Characters Were Maxed Out At Level 100.I Am,In Everything a "Powergamer".
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Did you all defeat the Emerald and Ruby Dragons in FF7?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:55 pm

I can't remember RedSkullz, I know I was close to beating everyone you possibly could. But I haven't played the game in at least 5 years, probably longer.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 pm

I think you would remember beating emerald and ruby...those two enemies could wipe a full party (with 9999 hp) off the map with one blow. One was found at the bottom of the ocean :) (emerald i think)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:11 pm

I remember that. I know I beat one of them for sure but I don't remember if I went ahead and beat the other. I'll just have to find my old FF VII book and take a look at a picture. My mind is drawing a blank right now.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 pm

The second one (Ruby i think) was incredibly hard to beat...it took me more than one or two tries thats for sure.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Yep, I beat them both. Took me for bloody ever to beat them. They kept one hitting and killing me. If I remember right the one I had the most trouble with is the one you had to use one character to defeat him. Go into the fight with the other two dead already. Can't remember which one. A buddy of mine told me how to beat them in high school when I was bitching to him how impossible they were to beat. So yep, I beat them because I found the old notes he gave me.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:45 pm

Yeah beating those two were all about Materia placement...man those were fun days :)
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:50 am

FF, FF7 and FF9 were my favs and beat them all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:37 pm

i never liked FF1 for the NES, but got addicted to FF2 for SNES,
since then i've found FFIX to be the best for the PS1 next to FFVII

altho - the final fantasy anthology for PS1 (which gives us the original FFIV and FFVI) i love
/
*heh* in FFVIII i love the TTT game, so good, i shark the comp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the Years of Final Fantasy   All the Years of Final Fantasy Empty

Back to top Go down

All the Years of Final Fantasy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com