Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Band to fight a collosal Red

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Band to fight a collosal Red Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Band to fight a collosal Red Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Band to fight a collosal Red Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Band to fight a collosal Red Empty
PostSubject: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Ok all finally broke down and got the Collosal Red. Anyone have ideas on warbands to fight it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 4:03 pm

I heard a bonded fire summoner actually does well with him, if you sprinkle enough small fire elementals across the map (you may need 2 summoners) he not only can't land, but he can only breathe on your immune fire creatures. Plus it'll take him a while to eat through 12 small fires. The rest can be used on epic archers and a gnome trickster for the invisibility sphere.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Yeah but who has enough small fire elementals...lol
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 pm

I only have 6 Sad But Auggies is selling them for $3 each with flat shipping of $3.50. Also happens to have 12 left Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:39 pm

$3 each is a pretty solid price...i only have 2 but i have a few more in a pending trade.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Band to fight a collosal Red Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Band to fight a collosal Red Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 am

I've also heard folks use multiple Archmage bands (for the Mordenkainen's Swords) as well as 8 Bronze Wyrmlings (for the secondary breath weapon).

Generally, I think that the Archmage builds have been more successful. After you drop the MS you play "keep away" until the Dragon gets chewed up enough.

I'm not sure if any other builds have really had a great deal of success.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:16 am

Yeah...i could see archmage bands doing very well. Archmages 15 auto damage MS every turn is just brutal. (twice...lol)
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:24 am

squeezing on a bunch doesn't leave you with much points left though.... Can't really think what could compliment an archmage very well that would eat up some of those leftover points.... With the lack of forest, there's not many places an archmage could hide.

Maybe some cadaver collectors, a tiamat, forgepriests? Haven't had a chance to fight colossal red myself. On a side note, anyone have any ideas for fighting a gargantuan white? FLGS may run a "beat the gargantuan and keep him" with it, and I may give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Against the White, I'd go with anything that can give a FGF resistance to Cold and some solid blockers.

Duergar Champs have some decent damage output...And Chain Devils for their four attacks...

But I'd probably focus on the FGF and the Heir. I'm not sure how many points you'll have, though.

If the GWD isn't Spell Resistant then three Ultroloths might have a chance, but they'll have to be within six squares to dish out the damage from their flamestrike spells, and they won't last long against that Dragon.

Perhaps a Red Wizard bringing in a bunch of CE casters with Fire based spells?

A Huge Fire Elemental based band? The Bonded Fire Summoner (and too many pyro-puppies) might have some serious use here. Fire Mephits...If that continuous burn on the breath weapon takes hold...Whoo-boy!
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:01 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about (since I JUST got him) a CG themed pyromancer band. He has a lot of option, fireball for auto-damage, ignore spell resistance fire orbs, scorching ray, and he can immune main beater to cold, and resist a couple other people. I'm just not sure exactly what to throw with him. Plus, he's going down if that dragon comes over. Seems like less of a "waste of points" though than a normal game. And I dig the hell out of pyromancer, even though he looks like he's giving someone his hand so he can begin his curtsey properly.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:03 pm

Very interesting idea with the huge fire elemental and bonded fire summoner team pinky. I dont know what it is about fire teams but man i want to use them...yeahyeah fire :fire:
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:40 pm

How many points will you be allowed to take against the GWD?

I made up a 500 pointer, that I think would have a decent chance, but you'll need a lot of Small/Medium Fire Elementals.

Bonded Fire Summoner x3
Bat Familiar x3 (or was it 2?)
Huge Fire Elemental x2
Magma Hurler
Small Fire Elemental x2 (I think)

Basically, you overload on the SFE's through summonings and force the GWD to land where you want it. Then you roll in the Huges and get the Magma Hurler into the desired position. After that, roll in the BFSes to keep thowing spells about. The bats are for squeezing off those summoning spells early although I guess you could try to use them for other spells.

Ultimately, you want the GWD taking all sorts of damage from the SFE's Fire Shield. The Magma Hurler's ranged attack does 15+15 Fire...If the White takes double from Fire, that's +30 Fire damage. The Huges bolster damage output with an additional +5 Fire on the SFEs and the other Huge (if they are adjacent).

But I think that it will take some tricky manuevering to keep the GWD where you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 5:30 pm

Adding in Archmage would be a good idea too if possible points wise...the two Mordekainens Swords would be a very welcome 30 damage every round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band to fight a collosal Red   Band to fight a collosal Red Empty

Back to top Go down

Band to fight a collosal Red
Page 1 of 1