Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Stories. Share yours

Go down 
+3
Pinky Narfanek
Kilsek
ZER0
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Stories.  Share yours Empty
PostSubject: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm interested in hearing what all of your stories are about D&D. Inspired by the "I was a teenage 1/2 Orc" story. I'm interested in hearing about your stories, characters, how you discovered D&D, why you kept playing after finding D&D, *anything*. I'll post up my own stories after this thread gets started a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Stories.  Share yours Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Stories.  Share yours Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Stories.  Share yours Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 11:20 am

Space reserved
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Stories.  Share yours Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Stories.  Share yours Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Well, I discovered D&D by a combination of factors. First, it was all over the news at the time (it was scaring a large number of people in the late 70s and early 80s) and my best friend asked me if I wanted to play. He discovered it because his older brother had it (we used to "borrow" his books until we got some of our own).

Eventually, I got the Basic set (but never the Expert or anything beyond that) and some of the AD&D books. For me, it was just another way to have fun. I got to kill things and take their stuff, there were puzzles to solve, and it was far more entertaining than TV or playing solitaire!

As for why I kept playing, well it's fun. Why would I want to quit doing something that's fun? I imagine that when I'm old and in the assisted living facility, that I'll be trying to drum up a group to play!

I've never stopped playing (and never will) but there are times where the break inbetween games is longer than others.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 8:56 pm

My parents at the time fell victim to the D+D horror stories (the news....lol) and were dead set about me not playing D+D. It never stopped me from playing. Now 20 years later i am still playing.(well wanting to play lately...lol)
Now my parents come over and want to see the 3d maps i make for Dungeons & Dragons....talk about irony. :)
Back to top Go down
yack
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
The Drumming Drunkin' DM
yack

Number of posts : 390
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Stories.  Share yours Woot10
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 10:13 pm

I came across D&D during the first edition AD&D in the earlt 80's playing in the "thekids" basement just the 2 of us. One set of dice and a wax crayon. Great times and nothing but imagination. then later on we got into it a bit more in high school and we had apretty big group at one time and then played for a bit in college then 2md edition ruined it for me and i quit for years. Got back into it with 3rd edition and now addicted again.
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Dead
 Brawler
 Brawler
Lord of the Dead

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:20 am

Simple, I started playing because everyone was saying that it was evil and wanted to see what it was all about.

Have have been loving the game ever since.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm

My turn. I was probably 8 (maybe younger) when I first remember my dad going off to a D&D game. The 2 words, dungeons and dragons brought a lot of vivid pictures into my head of all things fantasy I had seen or heard over the years. I wanted to go with him, but alas, I was too young to hang around a bunch of adults drinking and smoking in a basement. I waited years to be old enough, every so often dropping the "will you pleeeeaaaase let me go with you?" just to get "no, you wouldn't like it, it's a bunch of math and reading". I then decided if I showed him I enjoyed math and reading, he'd let me play. I really did enjoy math and reading, oddly enough. Probably why I took to the game first time playing it. I was maybe 12-13 my first game, and my dad hadn't run anything in a while, so he grabbed one of his old modules from the garage and read through it one last time. That first game consisted of me, my brother, and my sister. I want to say it was eye of the serpent, but that could have been the second one. I was a wizard, my sister was a fighter, and my brother was a paladin. My dad sent an NPC cleric with us. He used pewter/lead (I can't remember) figures he had from when he used to play more. I still remember his shoddily painted wulfgar mini he used as the cleric figure. I wished I could paint that well. We made it through to the end of the dungeon, after a couple sessions, and I decided I was going to stick with it for as long as I could. I kept begging and begging him to play again, and finally he picked up a boxed set (I don't know if anyone else got the black box with the red dragon on the front, but that thing will be in my memory forever). I feel I should explain. My dad was in the military, and hardly spent any time with us. He was always tired from work, and came home to sleep. Playing D&D with him was the most time I spent with him barring vacation and such. So when he picked up this boxed set, it promised me I'd get to spend more time with my dad. Well, he promised we'd play on a "snow day" and I took that quite literally. Every time school and work was cancelled because of snow, I begged him to play. He finally did, and about 10 minutes in, he didn't really feel like playing anymore. It was a "why don't you go ahead and take this one?" My foray into dungeon mastering. I picked up the box and the little figures and map inside, and ran it for my brother and sister (who both wanted to be fighters.) I ended up stealing my dad's books to DM for my siblings so much he eventually ended up giving them to me, as reprimanding me for it didn't seem to do anything. It didn't take me long to find out where they were hidden, after all, and I'd sneak into the garage sometimes to play around with the dice and pewters and read up on books until I got called inside because it was getting late. I'm currently running 3.5, and trying to get my own group together.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:32 am

I was born into D&D as my Mom and Uncle plays and was surrounded by it.

My first character was a elven cleric as no one wanted to be the cleric. I got myself killed off alot as the other party members would want to hide and sneak attack to much.

I now play a nuetral rogue was has been hired by some unsavory folks to take care of some problems. I actually own a large plot of land that I was awarded for my work and have begun developing it to include a fortress and some rather nice buildings:

Weapons
market square

I have also brought some of the people I have rescued from my adventures to live there and begin populating it. Town population:

Humans 60%
Dwarves 20%%
Elves 20%

Any racial fights gets you arrested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories. Share yours   Stories.  Share yours Empty

Back to top Go down

Stories. Share yours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: Role Playing :: General :: 1.0-3.5 Discussions-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com