Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

The best CE Commanders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

The best CE Commanders Empty
PostSubject: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:38 pm

After looking at my CE cards it dawned on me that the best commanders i have only have a Commander 3 (Flind Captain, Yuan-ti Halfblood Sorceror and Tiefling Bladesmaster)
Which are the Supreme Commanders of the Chaotic Evil alignment??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 6:51 am

The Drow Cleric of Lolth is a commander 5. The Tiefling Captain is a commander 4. DCOL doesn't see much play but the Tiefling Captain does. You also have the Drow Arachnomancer, King Obould Many Arrows and Ryld Argith having a commander rating of 4. Ryld has a +4 to his commander rating for initiative checks.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 2:58 pm

The DCoL is a squishy, high cost commander. Sure she's got a CR of 5, but don't count on her being around for long.

It's really tough to go wrong with the Tiefling Captain. She's got a useful ComFX, is somewhat durable, doesn't cost much and isn't terrified of melee. She's been a favorite for quite some time.

Keep in mind that CE is not supposed to have great comander ratings. That should be the purvue of the Lawful factions (and sometimes CG...which doesn't track with me, but that's another issue). If you're going to be looking to field an effective CE force, look at acquiring an Orc Wardrummer or a couple Large Black Dragons.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 10:14 pm

hmm i do have tiefling captain(no card) and a painted chainmail tiefling substitute....
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 10:15 pm

oh yeah...orc wardrummer is high on my list of wants right now Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:44 pm

Tiefling Captian
Ryld
Werewolf Lord
Vlaakith

Tiefling Blademaster (is not bad)
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : The best CE Commanders Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Red, if you need a tiefling Captain card I will send you one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 9:38 pm

i received Vlaakith from an ebay sale the other day...man she is nasty. She is a bit heavy on the cost, but she is a nasty undead legion leader :evillaugh

Ahh yes...kilsek please do send me a card for tiefling fighter...i could really use one for my fig if you have an extra.(i do have the chainmail equiv. card printed out so its not a dire need)
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 12:26 am

Vlaakith isn't bad, but I've seen what happens when she meets a Hellcat...It was not pretty for Vlaakith.

The key to effectively using her is to keep her away from combat.

As for what has come in Night Below, I think that the Frost Giant Jarl holds some potential. The ComFX isn't much (although it probably could be a spoiler effect against certain bands--and certainly makes the Noble Salamander less of a choice in LE) but the potential 35 damage with a solid attack bonus (to say nothing of any creature that's Vulnerable: Cold) makes it worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 12:52 am

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
Vlaakith isn't bad, but I've seen what happens when she meets a Hellcat...It was not pretty for Vlaakith.

The key to effectively using her is to keep her away from combat.

As for what has come in Night Below, I think that the Frost Giant Jarl holds some potential. The ComFX isn't much (although it probably could be a spoiler effect against certain bands--and certainly makes the Noble Salamander less of a choice in LE) but the potential 35 damage with a solid attack bonus (to say nothing of any creature that's Vulnerable: Cold) makes it worth looking at.

Yeah i can see the need to keep Vlaakith far away from the action. Those spells do no good at all if based...
I dont have Jarl yet but i have been checking out his stats...man he is nasty!! Massive attacks and damage output sure, but then look at the stunning rend (19dc) and the icequake hammer (dc 19)...throw him in the middle of a weakened enemy group and let the hammer fly!!
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : The best CE Commanders Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : The best CE Commanders Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 7:23 am

Ya Jarl is a must for CE players
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Lannia Vol
The Sorceress
The Sorceress
Lannia Vol

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 8:06 am

I use Ryld and Eye of Gruumsh a lot! But the most popular has to be the Tiefling Captain.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm

Lannia Vol wrote:
I use Ryld and Eye of Gruumsh a lot! But the most popular has to be the Tiefling Captain.

Hmm 2 figures i dont have yet are ryld and Eye of Gruumsh...Gruumsh's +5 dam to orc followers is pretty sweet. He is more of a crusher than a leader though.....LOL
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 6:56 pm

The Eye of Gruumsh is very easy to misuse by placing him as a beater. But beware that Vicious Attack of his (not to be confused with the effect of the same name on the Balor). That 5 HP is going to wear him down quickly with his AC.

The Eye is better off being used to finish off tougher creatures or slogging it out toe-to-toe with a beater/titan until something else can take over.

Beware of just taking points with the Eye.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Yes his defense is pitiful for sure...i dont have eye so i have never been able to try him out...lol
One day i will get 'em!!
Oh yeah...the only problem with Balors viscous attack is it never happens...well at least it has not ever happened for us yet...LOL
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 pm

Ahh, in the days of Dragoneye, I was swimming in Eyes of Gruumsh, Orc Druids and Large Monstrous Spiders (IIRC, no fewer than five each). I've managed to get rid of some of the Druids (back when they were high-demand) and a couple Eyes of well.

But I've still got them Spiders!
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Pinky Narfanek wrote:
Ahh, in the days of Dragoneye, I was swimming in Eyes of Gruumsh, Orc Druids and Large Monstrous Spiders (IIRC, no fewer than five each). I've managed to get rid of some of the Druids (back when they were high-demand) and a couple Eyes of well.

But I've still got them Spiders!

Yeah i was still mad at Wotc for killing the chainmail line and moving to the prepainted plastic at that time.(painting was half the fun for me)
Now i think about it, man i could not have painted half the ddm i own in the 4 years they have been out. I guess its a good thing they are prepainted :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best CE Commanders   The best CE Commanders Empty

Back to top Go down

The best CE Commanders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: DDM Gaming Discussions :: DDM Warband-Strategy Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com