Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

My Rant On Skill Points And Feats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Empty
PostSubject: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats EmptyWed May 23, 2007 9:52 am

I, For One, Never Undestood Why Clerics Received So Little Skill Points And No Extra Feats/Abilities.So Many Dead Levels In Clerics And Paladins.My Pally Just Hit Level 7 And He Got 0 New Spells,0 New Abilities,0 Extra Smites,0 Save Increases...Just The BAB,2 Measly Skill Points ( Paladins Should Get 3 Or 4 Instead Of 2 ) And Hit Dice.

Same With Wizards,Their Usually High Intelligence Scores Usually Give At Least 5 Skill Points Per Level,But With All The Available Knowledge Skills,You Miss Out On a Lot Of Them.On The Other Hand,Warmages Have Low Skill Points And Less Skills To Focus On,So It Evens Them Out.

Plus,Many Prestige Classes Require You To Waste So Many Skill Points In Cross Class Skills They Sometimes Require You To Waste Another Level For Requirements Or Take a Rogue Or Ranger Level For The Skill Points.

I Do Think That Fighters Having Low Skill Points Is Fair,They Get So Many Feats.Every Class Should Get More Feats,With All The New Ones Being Added With Each New Book.

And I Spent To Much On 3.5 To EVER Buy 4th Edition.At Best,I Would Print Out The Books Just To Make WotC Suffer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 8:17 am

I think that is because wizards et. al. are usually behind in the fight choosing to cast spells from a distance.

I would agree that a small change should be made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 2:30 am

Problem is, at the risk of being skill heavy, they ended up putting not enough martial-based skills into the game. Bluff, intimidate, climb, jump, etc. are all great. But where's Sunder or Bull rush as *skills* instead of something anybody could do? I think it should be limited against a rogue or wizard, etc. And only be available to fighters/barbarians. I don't see rogues training how to smash somebodies weapon with their daggers, or hacking at somebodies armor trying to split the plate open with their short swords. I dunno, small rant on my end over.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:18 am

I can see a Rogue trying to split armor and make an easier kill...It's actually pretty in line with them. Trying to crunch a weapon (as opposed to disarming) is something else entirely.

I was always disappointed that Two-Weapon Fighting was a feat instead of a Skill. I wouldn't see many casters doing it, but Rogues wielding two light weapons makes a lot of sense and of course Fighter types might want to forgo a shield in place of additional attacking power.
Back to top Go down
ZER0
Necromancer Supreme
Necromancer Supreme
ZER0

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:26 am

That and I would see them cutting buckles on plate instead of trying to hack through it with short swords or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rant On Skill Points And Feats   My Rant On Skill Points And Feats Empty

Back to top Go down

My Rant On Skill Points And Feats
Page 1 of 1