Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

What kind of player are you?

Go down 
+3
Pinky Narfanek
MechaKingGhidra
Rémi LaVerge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rémi LaVerge
 Brawler
 Brawler
Rémi LaVerge

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-11

What kind of player are you? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 10:47 pm

Being new here mean that i dont know lot of you people, so today i was asking myself, who are they?

Are you caster:
Do you use very agressive magic to fireball everything? Do you cast support for your partners? Do you use magic walls and time stoping spells to threat your foes?

Are you Warrior:
Do you use High threat weapon? Do you use high strength stats to hit hard? Do you use dexterity and constitution to tank the enemy while other spell/bow/javelin them?

Are you a sneaker?
Do you hide and throw everytime you encounter? Do you use your sneak as a support in flanking? Do you pick-lock you friends lol?

Are you a rpgamer?
You like to hold a beer in the tavern? You sing while you are walking in a shady forest? You bring marshmallow as your turn as night guard?

Magic or gods? Greataxe or falchion? Knife or javelin? Wands or magic items? Buckler or tower shield? Spiked chain or scythe? Crossbow or bow?

Give your voice!!!
Back to top Go down
Rémi LaVerge
 Brawler
 Brawler
Rémi LaVerge

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 10:54 pm

On myself, i prefer dexterity to strength, charisma to constitution.
I like to play it RPG, i buy beer tankard and sing kumbaya at night.
I looooove to do pranks, even bad ones!
I'm more a support warrior, using threat weapon (or dex weapon) and bows, using magics but praying hard and mostly flanking.
More a handyman than someone very active.
Back to top Go down
MechaKingGhidra
 Rogue
 Rogue
MechaKingGhidra

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm

Most of the time, I my prefer attributes in the following order: Cha (I usually play sorcerers), Strength (when I run out of spells but still have decent health, this is my best friend, especially with my favourite weapon: the scythe), Constitution (we all need it and sometimes it seems like it is never enought), Dexterity (bloody bracers being only wearable armor without penalties.....), Wisdom (so many, if not most, often-used skills need this, Spot and Listen, anyone?), and then Intelligence (I practically always get so few skill points, anyway, so it really doesn't change my specializing of a few, key skills most helpful to me and the extra languages don't really help me unless I play in a truly model RPer mode).
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : What kind of player are you? Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : What kind of player are you? Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 12:00 am

I'm the civilized thug. Lawful by preference, chaotic when needed. I prefer to solve problems with a kind word--and a 2"x4" upside someone's head when more than a kind word is needed. I'll lead, but I'd rather take the orders from someone I respect.

I'm not much for sneaking around (although I've got a Rogue currently) and I like a straight-up fight. I've naturally got an almost stereotypical dwarven personality.

STR and CON are primary, DEX, INT, WIS and then CHA.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 9:50 am

Whenever I Can,I Play Chaotic Neutral Or Evil And a Fighter-Type.I Have No Interest In Bards Or Characters That Are Not Optimized.

My Focus Are Usually STR,CON,DEX,WIS,INT Then CHA ( Although Some Classes Actually Need It In 3.5...But It Still Is The Dump Your Lower Roll In Attribute Since Forever ).

I Usually Prefer Heavy Armor To Get The Best Armor Class Possible And a Sword And Shield,But Can Use Dual Or Two-Handed Weapons Also.

My Preferred Race For Tanks Is Half-Orcs But I Usually End Up Playing Humans Because Of The Extra Feat.I Like Dwarves As Well,Since They Love Beer And Brawling.The CON Penalty And
"Unmanly" Nature Of Elves.I Have Nor Ever Will Play One Of The Two Silly "Filler" Races ( Halflings And Gnomes ).

Apparently I Am a Powergamer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 1:01 pm

I keep it pretty random. At the moment I'm playing an LG paladinish homebrew class. My last few previous characters were a chainfighter, a cleric, A Psion/Wizard with the Cerebremancer PrC, and a Psychic Warrior. All of the classes have good points to me and what I play tends to be based on whatever mood I'm in when I make up my character. Alignments vary widely as well. Stats will vary with the character as well. My group tends to run about 50/50 hack and slash and rping.

Nothing wrong with powergaming....There's a little powergamer in all of us, isn't there?
Back to top Go down
Ghidrah47952
 Rogue
 Rogue
Ghidrah47952

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 1:13 pm

mainly fighter/barb types. human ot half-orc's plays the NPC wizard if that counts lol when i DM ng, cg, lg etc
Back to top Go down
thekidxii
Red headed step child
Red headed step child
thekidxii

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 1:44 pm

reformed rules-lawyer... (only have 3.5 PHB)

playing CG ranger at the moment, that is developing selfish tendacies.

wielding dual rapiers... if my DM doesn't kill him off soon, can see him turning evilish...
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Wraithborne wrote:
Nothing wrong with powergaming....There's a little powergamer in all of us, isn't there?

I Have Heard Otherwise,But That Subject Remains "Slippery" Here...
( Long Story )
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of player are you?   What kind of player are you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of player are you?
Page 1 of 1