Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

PrC Knight of the Golden Sword

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Empty
PostSubject: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 3:58 pm

It's a Prc that I am working on with deep ties in my campaign. First, a little history. About 10 years ago, I was playing an evil bard in a 2nd ed. adventure ran by a friend. I ran a scam on idiots by getting them to join a new band of knights that I was recruiting for. I had commissioned a Great Sword plated in gold and called them the Knights of the Golden Sword. The gist of it was everything you need will be provided: armor, a great sword, war horse, clothes, food, etc., but you must turn over all of your earthly posessions to the knighthood(me). I would then meet them at an appointed time and place, but, of course I never showed up. Unfortunately for me, many of these folk ended up meeting and decided to form the knighthood for real, train relentlessly and hunt me down for ruining their lives. They took the name that shamed them, the Knights of the Golden Sword and swore to uphold law and justice throughout the land....their way, granting as swift a death as possible. A lot of the history in our various worlds has grown together over the last 20 years or so and the Knights found a home in my Homebrewed World.

Qualifications: BaB +5
Feats: Weapon Focus Greatsword, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
Alignment: Lawful
Hit Die: d10
Skill points: 2+Int modifier/level
Class skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Ride, Swim

Level Attack Fort Ref Will Special
1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Great Fighter, Weapon Specialization
2 +2 +3 +0 +0 Accuracy 1/day, Reckless Advance 1/day
3 +3 +3 +1 +1 Swift Charge Medium 1/day
4 +4 +4 +1 +1 Unswerving Law +1
5 +5 +4 +1 +1 Reckless Advance 2/day
6 +6 +5 +2 +2 Accuracy 2/day, Unswerving Law +2
7 +7 +5 +2 +2 Swift Charge Heavy 2/day
8 +8 +6 +2 +2 Devastating Charge 1/day, Unswerving Law +3
9 +9 +6 +3 +3 Reckless Advance 3/day
10 +10 +7 +3 +3 Supreme Cleave, Accuracy 3/day - Unswerving Law +4

Great Fighter A knight of the Golden Swords' Levels stack at 50% with fighter levels when determining qualifications for feats, that is, add 1/2 of your KotGS level to your Fighter level when determining whether you qualify for a certain feat. A KotGS gain no other abilities from this.(Bonus feats, etc.)

Weapon Specialization A KotGS Recieves Weapon Specialization in the Greatsword as a bonus feat at first level, regardless of whether he meets the qualifications.

Accuracy Once per day at second level, a KotGS may add his class level as a competence bonus to all of his attack rolls for one round. He gains another use of this power every 4 levels thereafter. The use of this ability is a free action and must be declared before the attack roll is made.

Reckless Advance Once per day at second level, a KotGS may take a penalty to his Armor Class and add it to his damage rolls, at a rate of 2 points of AC to 1 point of damage, up to a maximum damage bonus equal to her class level, for one round. He gains a second use of this ability at fifth level and a third use at ninth level. This ability stacks with Power Attack.

Swift Charge This allows a KotGS to move his full movement rate once per day when charging in Medium Armor. At seventh level, this ability is useable twice per day and extends to Heavy Armor as well.

Unswerving Law A Knights dedication to Law grants him a bonus to saving throws against mind affecting spells. This bonus is +1 at fourth level and gains and additional +1 every two levels thereafter.

Devastating Charge Once per day, at eighth level, a KotGS can make a full attack when using the charge action.

Supreme Cleave At 10th level, a KotGS gains the Supreme Cleave ability.

Last edited by on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 4:22 pm

It looks like a pretty cool PrC. There's some real damage potential in the class. Nothing seems overly powerful or broken.

I love the history of the class. Most people don't seem to give evil bards very much credit. Given the purpose of the Knights of the Golden Sword, it might be cool if the class included some sort of sense motive bonus against bluffs, or maybe immunity to charm, or something to reflect the organization's disdain towards being scammed/manipulated or otherwise lied to.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow this is very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 pm

scruffydude7 wrote:
It looks like a pretty cool PrC. There's some real damage potential in the class. Nothing seems overly powerful or broken.

I love the history of the class. Most people don't seem to give evil bards very much credit. Given the purpose of the Knights of the Golden Sword, it might be cool if the class included some sort of sense motive bonus against bluffs, or maybe immunity to charm, or something to reflect the organization's disdain towards being scammed/manipulated or otherwise lied to.

As for nothing broken, you didn't see the original that I found before I edited it into this. :blowup:

I'm still working on tinkering some finer points of the class. It may be as simple as adding Sense Motive to the class skills. I wanted to put some more thought into whether that's what I wanted to do, or whether I want to actually add another ability to the class.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Nice Class.But Why Use The "She" Like WotC Does ? That Is Something I Realling Hate When Reading Their Books,Especially Since 80-90% Of D&D Players Are Male...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Wraithborne
Man of Renown
Man of Renown
Wraithborne

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 10:29 pm

heehee, it actually goes back and forth in a couple places lol. I hate the "She" thing as well, but it just goes to show how reading something over and over can affect your brain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PrC Knight of the Golden Sword   PrC Knight of the Golden Sword Empty

Back to top Go down

PrC Knight of the Golden Sword
Page 1 of 1