Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Ghaele Eladrin warbands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Ghaele Eladrin warbands Empty
PostSubject: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 8:27 am

Lately I have been looking at Ghaele Eladrin warbands. I don't know why, but something about the way the Ghaele Eladrin plays intrigues me. What I can't seem to decide is what to pair up with her. I have yet to test any of these, but here are a few builds I have put together.

Ghaele Eladrin
Bralani Eladrin
Greycloak Ranger
Wolf Minion
Aramil, Adventurer
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior x3
200 points, 8 activations, Dragondown Grotto

This variation has plenty of activations and significant ranged potential. I really like the Bralani Eladrin paired up with the Ghaele. The Ghaele increases the Bralani's lowish attacks, and the Bralani provides a line effect for the warband, and is otherwise mobile and versatle. Aramil is included to nerf enemy beaters, and help the Eladrins stay alive.

Ghaele Eladrin
Bralani Eladrin
Greycloak Ranger x2
Wolf Minion x2
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior
200 points, 9 activations, Dragondown Grotto

This variation is very similar to the last, but it switches out Aramil and a Xeph for a second Greycloak Ranger. The additional ranged threat may not seem significant, but Greycloaks are effective against Forgepriests, and the occassional Half-Ogre Barbarian in Storm Silverhand bands.

Ghaele Eladrin
Xen'drik Champion x3
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior
200 points, 6 activations, Kings Road

Xen'drik Champions are one of my favorite figures to play, and they seem to pair up well with the Ghaele, as both figures enjoy forest terrain, and have a flexible role. The thing I don't like about this build is that it only has 6 activations, but thats not terribly uncommon when playing a piece as expensive as the Ghaele.

Ghaele Eladrin
Bralani Eladrin
Greycloak Ranger
Wolf Minion
Eberk, Adventurer
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior x2
200 points, 8 activations, Dragondown Grotto

I am not sure if Eberk's Divine Protection spell is worth it in this warband, but it does reduce the chance that the Ghaele will route, which is the absolute worst thing that can happen in a Ghaele band. It also increases the Ghaele's AC to 23, and 27 while in the forest. The Bralani's base save is low, and this helps in that area as well.

I just can't decide what I like best. Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Last edited by on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 6:14 pm

I have also been thinking of how to use her. I like the bands that you listed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 pm

2 really good ones I have seen are

Ghaele
Bralani
Crow Shaman
Xeph Warrior x5

and

Ghaele
Skyfire Captain
Bat
Xeph x5

of course both are played on Dragondown Grotto. Both have their +s and -s. What do you think??
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Ghaele Eladrin warbands Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 4:59 pm

I like this one for some reason:

Ghaele
Skyfire Captain
Bat
Xeph x5

No who to buff up? The Bat ? LOL
Back to top Go down
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 6:48 pm

Autoxdsm wrote:
2 really good ones I have seen are

Ghaele
Bralani
Crow Shaman
Xeph Warrior x5

and

Ghaele
Skyfire Captain
Bat
Xeph x5

of course both are played on Dragondown Grotto. Both have their +s and -s. What do you think??

Both very interesting bands.

I had considered the Crow Shaman as an option, but once the enemy closes on the Ghaele, she's going to need to take off and keep displacing, and I feel like the Crow Shaman would be vulnerable and unable to contribute much if seperated from her. He does significantly increase the efficiency of the Ghaele and the Bralani, though, in an optimal situation. I think I'll try that build out a few times.

The Skyfire Captain is an interesting option that I had not considered. The Ghaele shooting at +14/+14/+14 for 15 magic +5 fire is pretty nasty, and even his CFX compliments the Ghaele's almost unrivaled mobility. However, I am not sure how often the Ghaele will be getting of full attacks after round 2, and having most of the rest of the points invested in a figure as expensive as the Skyfire Captain seems risky. It might be worth a shot, though. I wish I had a Skyfire Captain to test this out in person.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 9:15 am

This is the band I like, I love ranged bands--make then come to you.

Ghaele Eladrin
Xen'drik Champion x3
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 10:19 am

LiL' Gamer Dude wrote:
This is the band I like, I love ranged bands--make then come to you.

Ghaele Eladrin
Xen'drik Champion x3
Elf Warrior
Xeph Warrior

That seem pretty good to me. I would play on dragondown grotto just because Ghaele does so well on it.
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mystra
Sage of Shadowdale
Defender of the Faith: Connor

Sage of ShadowdaleDefender of the Faith:  Connor
Chosen of Mystra

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 11:55 am

Now to get one more Xendrix!
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 10:34 pm

There's always a catch, isn't there? The original band I saw with Ghaele was the Ghaele, Bralani, Crow Shaman, x5 Xephs, and it was really good. Lots of mobility, and so many options while moving.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands EmptyMon May 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Only problem with crow shaman is if he casts snake's swiftness he must them make a morale check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghaele Eladrin warbands   Ghaele Eladrin warbands Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghaele Eladrin warbands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: DDM Gaming Discussions :: DDM Warband-Strategy Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com