Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

A Battle of the Evils!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Battle of the Evils!!!! Empty
PostSubject: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 3:13 am

Figured I would post a little report on a really close match I had tonight. It was all in good fun though so we pretty much didn’t keep track of Vps and just played to the death.

My warband:

Dark Naga
Beholder Lich
Duergar Champion
Duergar Champion
Large Duergar
Greenspawn Sneak
Blue
Goblin Skirmisher
200/8
Map: Dragonshrine

Opposing Warband:

Werewolf Lord
Marilith
Eye of Gruumsh
Quaggoth Slave
Orc Brute x2
Wolf
201/7
Map: Unknown

Well I won map initiative so he didn’t need to pick a map. I won side initiative and choose Side A (Fire and Electricity side). Greenspawn sets up in the top VP next to the Tiamat Statue.

Round 1:
I lose initiative and he makes me go first. I activate the Greenspawn and move the Skirmisher out to the upper middle. He move the Brutes out towards the upper middle corridor. Blue and Large duergar move towards the top. His wolf Double moves almost all the way to the Electricity Shrine. Quaggoth double moves like he is going for the sneak. My Duergar Champs move into the small hallway between the Fire and Electricity Shrines. Werewolf Lord is coming bottom middle with Eye of Gruumsh help. My Naga moves behind the DCs and the Beholder Lich moves down 4 and Uses 2 eye rays at one of the Orc Brutes, killing it. Last Marilith moves towards the top part of the map.

Round 2:
I win initiative and activate Blue targeting the Orc Brute with Mind thrust he fails, 5 damage. I activate the Goblin Skirmisher and target the Orc Brute and get a really lucky critical hit dealing 10 to finish it off. I miss counted and the Quaggoth is able to reach the greenspawn and attack, a miss. His Wolf moves into the Electricity Shrine. My greenspawn attacks back at the quaggoth with another critical hit putting it at 5. Missing with the second attack. Large Duergar sees the Werewolf Lord is closing the gap fast and double moves back into the 2 wide corridor between the shrines blocking it. His Werewolf Lord moves up and pastes Blue to the wall (now fearless, crap!). Marilith moves bases the Goblin Skirmisher but rolls a 1. Dcs move behind the Large Duergar and stand tight. Eye of Gruumsh moves along the wall heading towards the Large Duergar. Naga moves 1 space so the Lich can fit and get LOS on the wolf. Lich wipes out the Wolf.

Round 3:
I win initiative! I was feeling lucky so I moved both Dcs step in front of the Large Duergar and base the Werewold Lord landing 2 blows for 30 damage. Werewolf Lord counters back with 2 big misses on one of my DCs. Quaggoth slave moves up and kills the Skirmisher that Marilith should have taken out last round (He is back to 25hp). My Large Duergar hit’s the WWL putting it at 60hp thanks to damage reduction. Dark Naga casts Biby’s Slapping Hand at the WWL, he fails 2 DCs get attacks, both hitting and the WWL is at 30hp. Marilith moves 2 and makes her full attacks from reach on my top DC. Though forcing a MC the duergar was able to save. Eye moves up and around to avoid AoOs and Finishes it off. My Beholder Lich goes and Finishes off the Werewolf Lord.

Round 4:
I win initiative again! DC attacks the Eye, 2 hits, 30 damage. Large Duergar attacks the Eye from reach, 20 damage and moves back, down to 40hp. Eye counter attacks seriously wounding the DC but he makes his morale check (wow made both MC at 7+). Marilith Moves around and gets full attacks and wipes out the DC. Dark Naga moves up front and gets a good line off on the Eye and Marilith forgetting the Marilith is immune to Electricity. My friend says I can take it back but I say its ok my mistake. Eye saves and takes 10, down to 30hp. I activate the big man he and targets the Eye. I roll a 19 for the first eye ray, Finger of Death time! He saves and takes 25, he is down to 5 and I wipe him out with a no save Chill Touch. Quaggoth double moves to base my Dark Naga.

Round 5:
He win initiative with a 20. Quaggoth attacks the Dark Naga hitting it with a critical, Dark Naga makes an amazing save to stay in the game. Marilith moves and misses one of my guys. Large Duergar attacks the Slave hitting it for 20 and the Dark Naga attacks looking for retribution and kills the Quaggoth. Beholder Lich shoots a couple rays attack the quaggoth kill it.

Round 6:
He wins again! Marilith moves up basing the naga and within reach of the Large Duergar hit’s the Dark Naga with first 3 attacks killing it and uses the other 3 to make my Large Duergar run for cover. Without a commander I just take him off the board. Beholder uses a his eye rays then moves down towards the Electricity Shrine.

Rounds 7-9:
I will shorten this part saying that I hit the Marilith with a Bestow Curse which was awesome. Now with her attacking at only +11s vs. AC 22 she was missing a lot and I used Vampric touch a lot to heal up and vs. she now save of 6 she failed a lot. I eventually won by just moving and shooting taking AoOs when ever I could to get far enough away to keep here from getting full attacks.

Notes:
Very close match that I think I probably should have lost. The Werewolf Lord went down with only killing Blue and the Eye only got a couple attacks off. Very fun warband to try but don’t expect to win a major tourny with it.

Until next time!
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 am

Your Opponent Cheated ? 201 Points Is Over The Limit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah I noticed that when I was doing the write up but I really didn't care it was a friendly game.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 8:43 pm

Thanks for the write up. Seems as though you had fun, which is what counts
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : A Battle of the Evils!!!! Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Well,I Guess 1 Point Must Not Be That Bad Of An "Advantage".
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
MechaKingGhidra
 Rogue
 Rogue
MechaKingGhidra

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Friendly games, yeah, doesn't really matter if one point is miscounted and allowed in but for even half-hearted rivalry, one point can make a lot of difference. A lot of ideas I've had for warbands would revolve around VP scoring via "quick" bands (everything except one or two minis would be speed 8 or more) and i'd have 28 points left and be so disappointed I couldn't fit my druid of...darn it, which druid was it? 29 points, anyway, and basically made me so darn frustrated because I couldn't discard anything else already in it due to planning ahead of time what I wanted to fall into place and my druid (who could have summoned 4 Timber Wolves, gosh darn it!) just couldn't make the cut. Things DO happen, ya know....

But all in all, for THIS instance, looks like everything wound up nice with time-killing amusement so I'm happy for you on that.
Back to top Go down
SkYlyn3
 Rogue
 Rogue
SkYlyn3

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 1:34 pm

I didn't have a Hyena at the time so I had to use a Timber Wolf. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Battle of the Evils!!!!   A Battle of the Evils!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Battle of the Evils!!!!
Page 1 of 1