Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Empty
PostSubject: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 5:47 pm

In the campaign I am DMing, one of the players (who is running a halfling ninja) has missed two sessions and his character is a level lower than the rest of the party.

To help him catch up, I thought it would be a good idea to give him a list of generic ninja accomplishments which will earn his character bonus XP, a higher rank in his ninja clan, and maybe some cool ninja patches to put on his ninja headband, or something.

I have a few ideas for accomplishments, but I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

Here's a few that I am considering:

- Kill a creature before it notices you. (deadly patch)
- Kill a creature before your companions notice the creature. (sentinel patch)
- Infiltrate a heavily guarded area without being spotted. (stealth patch)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong topic.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm

* Proper place for topic*

I have had this happen plenty of times.

I usually will give the player a chance to earn EXP to catch up by:

Exceptional in PC play
Destroying of enemies (killing)
Heroic deeds (saving a fellow PC)
Taking the initiative to force the party to move on, fight etc

just a few ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Kilsek. I'll look for that kinda thing to reward him for.
Back to top Go down
scruffydude7
 Paladin
 Paladin
scruffydude7

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 4:56 pm

Well, this problem totally solved itself. The PC was unstopable in last night's game.

He was snooping around on his own in a Lizardfolk camp when he encountered a Shocker Lizard and hit it with a sudden strike during the suprise round, and then won initiative and hit it again, killing it. He earned himself the entire experience reward for killing the lizard, gaining 600 exp and putting him just under the rest of the players. He later rolled and confirmed three critical hits in a battle with a group of Lizardfolk. It was pretty crazy.

Its nice when things just work out.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 5:06 pm

Wow heck of rolls!

Glad it worked out
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Resurecting a long dead post it seems, but I'm adding my experience here (hehehe). When the Rokugan and OA books first came out I bought them and convinced my DM at the time to give it a whirl. I was simply RPing my new ninja (a class that gives me wood BTW) sneaking ahead in the kobald lair, chucking shuiriken and taking out the gaurds one by one, leaving messages for my party in chalk on the wall while I scouted ahead. In the end I scouted the entire dungeon and reported back making it possible to pwn them easily. Spotting an enemy ninja on the way back to town, I was then able to out sneak and disbatch him as well all single handedly, and all at level 2-3 My DM rewarded me with the rank of "kagemushi" in my clan or "shadow warrior" The point is, somehow it seems that if you simply "be a ninja" you will indeed catch up on your own, if not surpass the other pc's its not too terribly easy, but it if you can do it the ninja class rocks Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind   Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Ninja character who has fallen behind
Page 1 of 1