Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Empty
PostSubject: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 9:27 am

Thought I would post this so that any potential posts asking for painters can be found in one spot.

Kilsek
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

Number of posts : 931
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Woot10
<b>Trade Topic</b> : Here
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 am

Okay, as my thread says, I need someone to paint my Reaper ladies the most gorgeous possible.

https://geekedonddddd.rpg-board.net/Creative-Members-c4/Painting-f5/Reaper-minis-I-have-that-need-painting-t111.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11018554
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 2:37 pm

I have a question.... What is a fair rate for mini painting? Mini by mini basis depending on detail? I don't think i would be able to paint them as i am one of the worlds slowest painters... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Censor11

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 4:00 pm

Mini by mini I would say. How much detail and base work would be a issue.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 pm

Kilsek wrote:
Mini by mini I would say. How much detail and base work would be a issue.

For sure....some minis like a large elemental have no detail hardly at all, but some have crazy amounts of detail.(like a reaper ettin for example)
Base work also should be a factor in pricing...
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Lets base pricing on your Otyugh.

Basing like that 5.00
Painting 5.00
Detail work, dry brushing 5-10.00

So that mini could go any where from 15.00-20.00. Of course that is just a rough estimate.

No basing at all-Keeping the base black or metal then you are looking at 10.00-15.00.

I always thought the good basing would take away from any "imperfections" in the paint job

Kilsek
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Woot10

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Anything more than 10 CDN$ a miniature is too much for me.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Sir Bozak,

My estimates were based on how I would want a miniature done.

I have had some reaper minis done for 5.00 before. Just simple painting and some drybrushing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Still, it seems very excessive for 2$ minis. I guess at 70 grand a year, you can spend more on painting Sad
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer

Kilsek

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:43 pm

True. A 2.00 mini can cost you an additional 10.00 to get it painted.

That is why DDM took off so well.

Until the new job I was only making 34 K. So money was kinda tight. Another reason I jumped all over the new job
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:46 pm

I Make Less Than Half What You USED To Make, So Money Is More Than Tight Here.I Never Knew Painting Was So Expensive Once You Had The Supplies...
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Sir Bozak The Damned wrote:
Still, it seems very excessive for 2$ minis. I guess at 70 grand a year, you can spend more on painting Sad

I suppose it depends on the mini too... Some pewter minis fetch over $10-15 for an unpainted. Usually intense sculpts on more expensive minis demand way more time.
Back to top Go down
RedSkullz
 Warlord
 Warlord
RedSkullz

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Sir Bozak The Damned wrote:
I Make Less Than Half What You USED To Make, So Money Is More Than Tight Here.I Never Knew Painting Was So Expensive Once You Had The Supplies...

You can take that half and cut it in half again for me....ummm yep Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 9:39 pm

Well, I Make Just Over Canadian Minimal Wage,But Without Taxes Red.
Back to top Go down
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 12:30 am

One thing to remember about painting is that it's a skill that most people don't have the time, dedication or raw skill needed to take it to the level of a professional.

It's also important to remember that the painter's time is valuable (just like everyone else's time). If you expect me to spend 2-3 hours on a figure, you're going to pay me for 2-3 hours worth of work. I might adjust the price a bit depending on how well I know the person and how eager I would be to accept the job in the first place, but a reasonable amount of compensation should be expected.

As for myself, I'm a horrible painter and wouldn't accept commission work because I can justify my own stuff looking like crap, and I can't justify accepting money to make someone else's stuff look like crap.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bozak The Damned
 Loremaster
 Loremaster
Sir Bozak The Damned

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 12:37 am

Good analysis Pinky, and I appreciate your Honesty.

Did I mention I could Not Paint a Plastic Bag If My Life
Depended on It ? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.   Painters wanted:  I have minis, I need them painted. Empty

Back to top Go down

Painters wanted: I have minis, I need them painted.
Page 1 of 1