Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

Preview 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : Preview 3 Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : Preview 3 Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : Preview 3 Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Preview 3 Empty
PostSubject: Preview 3   Preview 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:15 am

Against the Giants isn't restricted just to titans and giants -- if you include the dragonborn, there are just as many dragons in the set. Dungeons & Dragons has (obviously!) had a long history of these scaly fiends and their friends.

Elder White Dragon
Preview 3 Mi20080522a_ewd

Of all the dragon miniatures that have been released since Dragoneye, I think this one is my favorite. There is something about the pose that just leaps out at me; this looks like the ferocious savage that the white dragon is.

With this second preview of a huge figure, I need to add another snippet on Epic play. When you first get a chance to tear open your boosters, make sure you look at the inserted checklist. The insert has a specific rule for the miniatures game just for Huge creatures -- the ability to squeeze. For casual play, you don't need to have a map designed specifically for huge creatures. Here are the squeezing rules:
Squeeze: Move, Huge creature only; treat this creature as Large (2-square-by-2-square base) and move it up to half its Speed. At the end of this move, it expands back into its normal size and must occupy a legal position (including the space in which it ended the squeeze action). While squeezing, the creature grants combat advantage to all enemies and has -5 Attack (if it is able to attack while moving). It provokes opportunity attacks from enemies that are adjacent to it at the start of the squeeze.

Dragonborn Defender

Last week you saw one of the two Dragonborn in Against the Giants. Now we show the other. This fighter, armed with a bone longsword and shield, costs a comfortable 31 points. While a little slow, his damage output is higher than average for his level -- especially if you manage to bloody a few enemies first.

There's another week down. Up next -- Demons and Angels. Here's a little nugget of cheese for you to chew on -- there is a 3-point common figure in Against the Giants that is usable in Wild and Underdark warbands.
Preview 3 Mi20080522a_dragdef
(Not to scale with
Elder White Dragon

Preview 3 Mi20080522a_ewdcd
Preview 3 Mi20080522a_dragdefcd
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com

Preview 3
Page 1 of 1