Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Latest imagesHomeGalleryRegister

I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Empty
PostSubject: I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...   I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... EmptyTue May 20, 2008 12:59 pm

So I was reading an article on Sympatico reprinted from a US newspaper about the author's list of "Worst Summer Blockbusters"...and I Am Legend was listed there...this got me thinking (again) of how hollywood (and especially the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences) HATES any movie that is a) fantasy; b) horror; or c) any combination of the above...

IMO, Will Smith did an amazing job with this movie - his ability to convey emotion and draw the viewer in with those human qualities are what make an actor talented...

Who cares what genre the movie is in...if it's good, it's good...

Give yer freakin' head a shake AMPAS...
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Encounter Killer
Defender of the Faith: DM

Encounter KillerDefender of the Faith:  DM
Kilsek

Number of posts : 2557
Hit Points : I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Fulllife
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Censor11
<b>View of 4.0</b> : I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Censor11
<b>Trade Topic</b> : HERE
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...   I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Ya I never listen to a critic or anything of the like. Any movie that has a D&D feel to I will go watch anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com
Pinky Narfanek
Chainmail Guru
Chainmail Guru
Pinky Narfanek

Number of posts : 830
<b>View of DDM 2.0</b> : I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Woot10
<b>View of 4.0</b> : I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Woot10
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...   I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:09 pm

But fantasy/sci-fi films are for ner-r-r-r-r-r-rds. And the Academy is anything but "nerds". They are the original "too hip for the room" crowd, and you have to remember that whenever you see their opinions of anything.

It's like going to Cannes. You could have the greatest film ever made, and the Cannes critics will line up to say that your film isn't fit to grace the bottom of a parrot's cage.

That's why I seldom read reviews for movies unless it's by "normal" folk who didn't go to film school and couldn't care less about the symbolism of the Hundred Years War set against a the grim background of the blah-blah-blah-blah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...   I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd like to [strike]thank[/strike] the academy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com